has anyone used a propane stripper?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have gotten into vct over the past couple years. I keep hearing that the big time vct guys use propane strippers. I have a couple stores with about 30,000 feet of tile that will need stripped this spring. Just wondering if a propane unit will save alot more time than using the electric and black pads on the autoscrubbers.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
wondering????

the difference is cleaning carpets with a low end porty to a VAT, running 3 wands...

there is your difference....

what types of stores are you doing??? that size is usually in the MMM realm and they pay what about .06 a ft to strip??

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Its a big department store. Actualy a really good account. They provide all the stripper and wax so no working capital gets tied up in recievables when we strip and refinish. We autoscrub and burnish once a month . Takes about 4-5 hours with 2 or 3 man crew. It is closer to .10 cents to strip but with the custy providing all the wax and chems its a pretty good deal.plus got the entry way carpet to clean quarterly

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
juniorc82 said:
Its a big department store. Actualy a really good account. They provide all the stripper and wax so no working capital gets tied up in recievables when we strip and refinish. We autoscrub and burnish once a month . Takes about 4-5 hours with 2 or 3 man crew. It is closer to .10 cents to strip but with the custy providing all the wax and chems its a pretty good deal.plus got the entry way carpet to clean quarterly

WEll chit, i get my new truck trailer combo, maybe you can pay my gas and ill drive my stuff out there and shows you how to strip with the big dog shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't strip my own work any more and rarely strip other jobs

maroon prep pads and water, chemical free, no need to build up coats, less time waiting for wax to dry, better profit

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I pretty well demo'ed my winter nest egg on autoscruibbers and propane buffers. Also had to put a hitch and wiring clip on my e250 to pull my 6x10 doolittle trailer. I dont have my winte rsavings but I added some nice cash flow for the winter months. Not to mention when we get to do the strip that will be some nice money. Since I have the set up I would like a few more vct accounts. I think maybe like some auto parts stores or maybe a large grocery store to do once or 2 times a week

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Wait tell early spring a couple weeks before the big strip job is due then find a used propane stripper. It would pay for itself on the first 30,000 sq ft job in saved labor. Just sub that strip job out if you don’t have a propane stripper. You would be there all night for a week with you 3 man crew running 175s.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ACE said:
Wait tell early spring a couple weeks before the big strip job is due then find a used propane stripper. It would pay for itself on the first 30,000 sq ft job in saved labor. Just sub that strip job out if you don’t have a propane stripper. You would be there all night for a week with you 3 man crew running 175s.
Well thats good because they give you up to a week to get it done. I bet I could find somewhere to rent one if nothing else. I think my connection in omaha has one in his shop for around 2 grand used

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom