Has the zipper wand been knocked off the throne?

Name
Swani
I don't own one, but I have borrowed one a couple times. They are great for HWE'ing hallways and large open areas. But we don't do enough of that to justify buying one yet.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don’t hear or read much about it.
Great or just ok?
I don't think it was ever on a throne. If anyone tells you they use it on every job...either their full of shit or they aren't cleaning carpet properly. It's too bulky to clean in tight spaces

But on the big open spaces, it gives your shoulder a break and is a need for those type of jobs

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I don't think it was ever on a throne. If anyone tells you they use it on every job...either their full of shit or they aren't cleaning carpet properly. It's too bulky to clean in tight spaces

But on the big open spaces, it gives your shoulder a break and is a need for those type of jobs
Let’s take a hotel ballroom.
rotovac scrubs flushes cleans better faster?

Reactions: Rob Grady

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Ok guys, since we're on the topic. I've been in biz now for a decade. Use RX-20, basic wand, post bonnet (sometimes if needed). Want to get a sup'd up wand like you big dawgs. Gonna pull the trigger today, so what's the best out there? Talking about a push wand, with glide...Thx!

BTW: I was looking at the Zipper, but i'm almost all residential...so that obviously isn't the way to go. I run a butler.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I bought a 15" non-spinny Zipper about a year ago. Don't use it as much as I thought I would, but I'm glad I have it. Used on a large vacant house a few days ago. Flushes better because the pressure can be higher. Faster than a wand. Cumbersome in small spaces. Uses a different set of muscles than a wand. I'm using my Phoenix on some jobs I bought the Zipper for.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ok guys, since we're on the topic. I've been in biz now for a decade. Use RX-20, basic wand, post bonnet (sometimes if needed). Want to get a sup'd up wand like you big dawgs. Gonna pull the trigger today, so what's the best out there? Talking about a push wand, with glide...Thx!

BTW: I was looking at the Zipper, but i'm almost all residential...so that obviously isn't the way to go. I run a butler.
Devastor by far, but Mikey hates Tom so he’ll now ( used to promote it) say his choice is best. Just realize it’s because Tom makes his own g l i des.

Reactions: royalkid

FredC

Village Idiot
Devastor by far, but Mikey hates Tom so he’ll now ( used to promote it) say his choice is best. Just realize it’s because Tom makes his own g l i des.

I don't feel like looking. Is there a non-swivel devastator or can it be locked?

Reactions: royalkid

FredC

Village Idiot

I don't feel like looking. Is there a non-swivel devastator or can it be locked?

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Does Mike now sell wands? I've been gone for a while...just saw something about him and glides.

FredC

Village Idiot
I think i got my answer. Went to the glide site. They have a PMF Mach 12, Titanium 1.5' 4 jet wand for $870....that's a lot less than the devastator. What's the big difference?

no window, no swivel, build quality (?)

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I have the Super Spinner and use it on wide-open areas so as to not have to maneuver it around obstacles. It works flawlessly and is much quicker than a wand. I also use a 30' hide-a-hose to the Zipper so I can control the hoses much better!
Any pics?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom