Has the zipper wand been knocked off the throne?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I think i got my answer. Went to the glide site. They have a PMF Mach 12, Titanium 1.5' 4 jet wand for $870....that's a lot less than the devastator. What's the big difference?
You will not go wrong with the PMF Mach. I have both the big boy and the 12” Early versions. Sucks like a prostitute light as feathers. The head and wand are both one piece mold not attached like so many you see. One thing, don’t fall for the pretty colors crap. Nor buy from Rob ***…he’ll rob you blind and with a smile with his prices.

Reactions: royalkid

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
What's the difference between the glides? Holes, Slots or Hybrid? Which is the best for residential? Thx!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ok guys, since we're on the topic. I've been in biz now for a decade. Use RX-20, basic wand, post bonnet (sometimes if needed). Want to get a sup'd up wand like you big dawgs. Gonna pull the trigger today, so what's the best out there? Talking about a push wand, with glide...Thx!

BTW: I was looking at the Zipper, but i'm almost all residential...so that obviously isn't the way to go. I run a butler.
Best wand is Tom's Devastator hands down. Can get it in 1.5 inch or 2 inch tubes, 12 or 14 inch head. Best I've ever used and no I don't own one yet. On the list which is growing shorter.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think i got my answer. Went to the glide site. They have a PMF Mach 12, Titanium 1.5' 4 jet wand for $870....that's a lot less than the devastator. What's the big difference?
I own a mach 12 and it's a great wand. You need to get rid of the og glides and put greenglides on it. The og glides are too flat causing the wand to lock down. The greenglides are rounded and make the wand easier to control. No windows and no swivel but a very good wand regardless.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
What's the difference between the glides? Holes, Slots or Hybrid? Which is the best for residential? Thx!
I use slot or one square glide. Best since it picks up paper clips, dust ballz, etc. PMF sells the glide, at least last time I bought from them. Think there’re called lips or somethings. My glide is about 6-7 years old. Should change it but still going good. They screw on.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use slot or one square glide. Best since it picks up paper clips, dust ballz, etc. PMF sells the glide, at least last time I bought from them. Think there’re called lips or somethings. My glide is about 6-7 years old. Should change it but still going good. They screw on.
The replacement greenglides is an internal fit. A little narrower but gives you a little more slot velocity. Great dry times.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I bought a Zipper for a large commercial account I had for years. The cleaning time was just a tad less, but it did dry a bit faster. The office took 12 hours to clean on a Saturday and it took all day Sunday to recuperate. With the Zipper I felt really good the day after cleaning.

Problem was that I bought it for this account and last year decided not to work Saturdays anymore, so its up for sale in the Classifieds. Used it just the once.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I prefer the rx20 and old school drag wand. I do every carpet twice. All carpets done by me are presprayed, scrub pass and dry pass using an emulsifier and rx20 then a rinse/dry pass using a rinse agent and old school drag wand, the rotary gets the carpet clean and the drag wand gets um dry and residue free

20221222_121826.jpg 20221222_121819.jpg 20221222_122343.jpg 20221222_130618.jpg 20221222_131823.jpg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I prefer the rx20 and old school drag wand. I do every carpet twice. All carpets done by me are presprayed, scrub pass and dry pass using an emulsifier and rx20 then a rinse/dry pass using a rinse agent and old school drag wand, the rotary gets the carpet clean and the drag wand gets um dry and residue free

View attachment 119868 View attachment 119869 View attachment 119870 View attachment 119871 View attachment 119872

View attachment 119868 View attachment 119869 View attachment 119870 View attachment 119871 View attachment 119872
Heres a couple of restaurants 1 was done by someone who left a crap load of soap in it had to use a truck load of defoamer but it was clean and residue free when I left

20180327_005337.jpg 20180327_002312.jpg 20180326_230217.jpg 20180326_230300.jpg 20180326_232124.jpg 20180327_020541.jpg 20190812_182112.jpg 20190812_182130.jpg 20190812_165156.jpg 20190812_165134.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What the heck are you using that you need to use so much defoamer? This isn't 1985, there are new/better chems out there.

And Nice job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I used more defoamer on that one Dennys carpet than i used on all the carpets ive done in over a decade combined! , im sure there is better stuff out there but not available at 1 in the morning in fort bragg

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I used more defoamer on that one Dennys carpet than i used on all the carpets ive done in over a decade combined! , im sure there is better stuff out there but not available at 1 in the morning in fort bragg
It wasn't what i used it was what the last guy used that was the problem , i just showed up and surprise !!! 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️🤯🤯😵‍💫😵‍💫🥶

Reactions: Nomad74

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
filthy Floors are a huge turn off for me whenever choosing a place to eat.

When I nearly lived on the road showing truck mounts in the 80s and 90s, I learned to stop eating at most restaurants.

First, walking into a restaurant after closing when there wasn't any fresh cooking odors revealed the stench that is otherwise covered up.

Second, I looked at the carpet more than most diners, and that in itself is usually gross.

Finally, back in those days I didn't carry fresh water on my unit, and hooking up water in the kitchen was a lesson in nausea control.

Of course my prospective customers always gave me the worst jobs they had for the demonstrations.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Any pics?
I made the hide-a-hose. I took a 30' 2" vac hose of lighter weight and had a 30' steam line made, then cut a small hole in each 2" hose cuff, either end to feed the steam line through. It makes managing the Zipper much easier and keeps those hoses together. The vac hose was a lighter gauge 2" hose so as to make it more manageable.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Heres a couple of restaurants 1 was done by someone who left a crap load of soap in it had to use a truck load of defoamer but it was clean and residue free when I left

View attachment 119873 View attachment 119874 View attachment 119875 View attachment 119876 View attachment 119877 View attachment 119878 View attachment 119879 View attachment 119880 View attachment 119881 View attachment 119882
I would think if you tried a zipper, you would ditch that drag wand so fast it’d make your head spin. It’s just 21st century compared. Smoother, easier, easier to carry. I’m a zipper fan, but I’m mostly commercial. The Zipper is the reason I don’t buy a Dev.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That's a lot of work but as long as you're getting paid for it, good job.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I’m not saying you guys are wrong but my experience is the rotary isn’t ideal for commercial

I used it for about 10 years we do a lot of commercial

The zipper needs a big blower truckmount (my opinion) Everest or bigger especially for long hose runs

The zipper will out clean and be more efficient every time

I don’t like to use it in the home

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’m not saying you guys are wrong but my experience is the rotary isn’t ideal for commercial

I used it for about 10 years we do a lot of commercial

The zipper needs a big blower truckmount (my opinion) Everest or bigger especially for long hose runs

The zipper will out clean and be more efficient every time

I don’t like to use it in the home
I use my Zipper with a 4m blower as well as a Roots 47. Both work fine with hose runs less than 200 feet. This is the 13 inch with a 5 flow. Using the larger ones with more flow requires at least a 47 blower in my opinion.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Ya the zipper is still underrated with all its praise…

If you tweak the flow and have a killer truckmount you can clean quickly make more profit ect I personally thing zipper or vlm should be your go to on all commercial

I hate vlm still just I know if you have both ways to do the job it will be best

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ya the zipper is still underrated with all its praise…

If you tweak the flow and have a killer truckmount you can clean quickly make more profit ect I personally thing zipper or vlm should be your go to on all commercial

I hate vlm still just I know if you have both ways to do the job it will be best
You'll love vlm if you're picking up jobs where your truck mount can't reach. Beats using a porty hands down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom