Has the zipper wand been knocked off the throne?

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
After seeing the videos I would try a zipper if there was 1 around but i use the drag wand on all carpets big or small, my daily use drag wand is 16" but i even have a 12" drag on the truck for small jobs, travel trailers, 5th wheels and tiny homes. My first machines were steam geni portables, back in the day they all came with drag wands. Quickly I discovered they didn't clean very well but they were great at drying, so i bought a scrub wand, it was a back breaker. It cleaned well but didn't dry worth a damn. I would scrub the shit out of the carpets and go back over with a drag wand. This worked good for a few years till i started getting employees. Around 85/86 Rotorys had been on the market now for a couple of years but i as alot of carpet cleaners back then belived, i didn't need a 2500.00 attachment to make my 10,000 machine work better (yes back then a good new machine only cost 10,000) (my first new van a 1982 chevy 2500 was 13,000) with employees i found a serious problem with the scrub wand on large carpets, the more they cleaned the less clean the carpet got because of the effort required to use the scrubber. One day an old original black knob low speed rx20 showed up on my porch (if you were in business back then you know the rotary i speak of ). It had gone thru a winter and had froze, after setting Around the shop and in the way one day i tore it apart, fixed it and tried it out, i was so impressed with how effortlessly it cleaned that i went out the next day and bought a new one . And ive been running them ever since, i keep the scrub wand on the truck in case the rotary breaks ( or the job is too small ) but that rarely happens and when it does it's usually the power cord or i snapped a head off the star, both of which i have spares on the van.(power cord is a twist lock and i have a spare star for each rotary) When i get a new employee i usually make them clean the shop carpet with the scrub wand, only to impress upon them the importance of taking care of the rotary, nobody wants to ever have to use the scrubber. When i built frankinstien, i looked into replacing the rx20 with something more modern (and lighter im getting to be an old fart now). My supplier's told me that i would be constantly comparing whatever i got to the rx20 and wouldn't
be happy with anything else so this spring when i finish purchasing the tile and grout attachments i need im buying frankinstien a new rx20 but with old open vacuum heads , and 5 spray jets not those 3 cone clogging crap hthey come with a side note i still habe every rx20 i ever bought with the exception of 1 i sold and evev the old black knob one still works! Side note if anybody has an old 6jet 24" steamgeni drag wand laying around im willing to buy it i want it for large commercial jobs

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I may have the one you are looking for. Came with Unca Ernie.
If you're interested in selling it can you send pictures? If i buy it can you break it down and get it to a pack n ship ill take it from there you wont have to deal with boxing or shipping

20221231_154445.jpg

Reactions: Rob Grady

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Im a ford guy my self dem corvettes are pretty but for the kinda money they want for one well equipped id rather have a super snake , ford gt or a used Ferrari gt California

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
On an unrelated note , can someone explain to me what the f$^@@ a reaction score is ????? And how many i need to get .15 off a gallon of ā›½ļø?

FredC

Village Idiot
On an unrelated note , can someone explain to me what the f$^@@ a reaction score is ????? And how many i need to get .15 off a gallon of ā›½ļø?

They count the number of likes. You get 100k I personally come fill your vehicle up**.

**87 octane only. 12 gallons max. Price per gallon not to exceed $1.99. Offer valid in US territories only. Additional restrictions may apply.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They count the number of likes. You get 100k I personally come fill your vehicle up**.

**87 octane only. 12 gallons max. Price per gallon not to exceed $1.99. Offer valid in US territories only. Additional restrictions may apply.
Only 79,002 to go. If you came to Canada that is.

jeffexe

Name
jeff
When I nearly lived on the road showing truck mounts in the 80s and 90s, I learned to stop eating at most restaurants.

First, walking into a restaurant after closing when there wasn't any fresh cooking odors revealed the stench that is otherwise covered up.

Second, I looked at the carpet more than most diners, and that in itself is usually gross.

Finally, back in those days I didn't carry fresh water on my unit, and hooking up water in the kitchen was a lesson in nausea control.

Of course my prospective customers always gave me the worst jobs they had for the demonstrations.
Oh the things we have seen. Some of my biggest horrors were seen walking through the kitchen to access the dining rooms.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
1813/14ish when we were trying to liberate the fools from the Brits

I'll tell you this they are lucky we didn't need or know about all the oil back then...
If it happens again, we'll just leave some good Canadian beer at the border. Your troops will have a hard time getting past that.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Fake News
you get used to what you're used to

we called it cellar palate in the wine industry, you'd try a wine in production and recognise it as rubbish. Couple weeks later try it again, it's not as bad as last time..
Couple weeks later, it's not great but it's not bad.. fresh winemaker/taste buds come in.. what went wrong with this rubbish!??

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

we called it cellar palate in the wine industry, you'd try a wine in production and recognise it as rubbish. Couple weeks later try it again, it's not as bad as last time..
Couple weeks later, it's not great but it's not bad.. fresh winemaker/taste buds come in.. what went wrong with this rubbish!??
I like beer. I like giving @Cleanworks a little grief.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

After the third glass, it all tastes good.

Reactions: Trip Moses
Back
Top Bottom