Has there been a better time in history to be a premium owner operator?

Mikey P

Administrator
With quality service providers spread thinner than thin, many cleaners forced out of biz due to poor planning or health, multi truckers struggling to find and keep employees, home owners desperate to protect their investments and many cleaning for health...

Has there ever been a better time to dramatically raise your prices?

Assuming you are truly premium..

• Referred by all the right circles
  • Trusted by your community
  • Minty Fresh Breath
  • Master of all methods
  • Up on all they latest trends and issues
  • Impeccable results.

F

FB7777

It’s insane … even with employees if you fit that criteria

if I was doing this myself , man I would just throw stupid high prices out there …. All the while telling the, I am booked out and not sure if I can get to them

Matt is on commission, so he is enjoying the fruits of high demand low supply

this wave is so fun right now

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A call I got just today:

"Jim, I've been telling my guys that you gotta stop taking things out of people's medicine cabinets, and that the ladies don't like them rooting through their underwear all the time...."

I guess that was common practice and he now needs it to stop.

:eekk:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
A call I got just today:

"Jim, I've been telling my guys that you gotta stop taking things out of people's medicine cabinets, and that the ladies don't like them rooting through their underwear all the time...."

I guess that was common practice and he now needs it to stop.

:eekk:
Makes my potty training issues seem not so bad.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I caught a service provider going through my wife’s medicines once. He acted as if it was only a folkway.

That's an interesting defense, it is somewhat what this guy was implying his men used as an excuse in his region (rural West Virginia).

Now I have to give that some thought, even though its still unacceptable of course.

I don't know how panty raids factor into their folkways though.

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s insane … even with employees if you fit that criteria

if I was doing this myself , man I would just throw stupid high prices out there …. All the while telling the, I am booked out and not sure if I can get to them

Matt is on commission, so he is enjoying the fruits of high demand low supply

this wave is so fun right now
I had a new customer yesterday, she was using the cheapest old timer in town for years, untill he got the Fred19...

I know my price had to be 3xs his for 4 bed rms and 2 runners.

She smiled, said awesome and gave a $50 tip before I even started.

Reactions: Papa John

hogjowl

Idiot™
His boss/father said he was just a misunderstood person who didn’t view his actions as to how they affect others. He just has trouble regulating his behavior.

I later saw several people complaining of this same guy doing the same things in their house.

Mikey P

Administrator
His boss/father said he was just a misunderstood person who didn’t view his actions as to how they affect others. He just has trouble regulating his behavior.

I later saw several people complaining of this same guy doing the same things in their house.
what service?

cabinet door adjuster?

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
The problem is me. I'm busy and work in a high value area, but I have personal difficulty raising my prices.
Being a nice guy and liking my customers has its drawbacks.
Some new callers have difficulty with my $234 minimum. The PA of that Billionare's house thought it was too high but choose me because of my reputation. I've been back for more work already and we are now on a regular cleaning schedule.
I need to remember what my dad taught me when he said, "Nice guys have skinny kids".

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
and work in a value area
lol

when the F did San Fran become a "Value Area"

dude.

• New York City, New York. New York City leads the pack as the most expensive city in the United States. ...
  • San Francisco, California. ...
  • Honolulu, Hawaii. ...
  • Boston, Massachusetts. ...
  • Washington, D.C. ...
  • Oakland, California. ...
  • San Jose, California. ...
  • San Diego, California.

Reactions: Papa John

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
lol

when the F did San Fran become a "Value Area"

dude.

• New York City, New York. New York City leads the pack as the most expensive city in the United States. ...
  • San Francisco, California. ...
  • Honolulu, Hawaii. ...
  • Boston, Massachusetts. ...
  • Washington, D.C. ...
  • Oakland, California. ...
  • San Jose, California. ...
  • San Diego, California.

I corrected it.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20211006_191645633~2.jpg

sassyotto

Name
Paul
soonest available appointment I have is second week of December. Crazy busy. I hate to have people wait that long.

But then according to Mike, Im just a 1 job a day, 4 day a week guy..... (even though Im not) But to answer your question, yes! This is the best time to be an O/O

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
soonest available appointment I have is second week of December. Crazy busy. I hate to have people wait that long.

But then according to Mike, Im just a 1 job a day, 4 day a week guy..... (even though Im not) But to answer your question, yes! This is the best time to be an O/O
Its a compliment, idiot.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
dont know if I mentioned this but a couple months ago I took my van to Jon Don Chicago for service. Upon entering the driveway I saw about 20-30 carpet cleaning vans lined up and thought there must be a seminar going on. Turns out each van was waiting on parts!

Just think if one company in your area cant do work because they are waiting on parts for their TM, where are their customers going to go?

Name
Lee Stockwell
dont know if I mentioned this but a couple months ago I took my van to Jon Don Chicago for service. Upon entering the driveway I saw about 20-30 carpet cleaning vans lined up and thought there must be a seminar going on. Turns out each van was waiting on parts!

Just think if one company in your area cant do work because they are waiting on parts for their TM, where are their customers going to go?
What part would possibly keep a van out of service for more than a couple of days?

We've replaced air cooled engines in under an hour, maybe half a night for a Nissan 4 cylinder. Replace a blower in 2 or 3 hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom