Has this ever happened to you?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
While wrapping up a 4 hour job tonight at 6:00 pm we had pulled all hose from the house and as I was starting to go back in to collect turned to notice a HUGE cloud of steam coming from all around the truck. I went to truck to see if I could see water spraying anywhere and did not, I turned the truck to idle and steam stopped. Went ahead and collected while tech put stuff up. On the way to the shop I stopped at a vacant lot and checked oil, antifreeze, etc and saw no apparent problems, so I started it up and cranked her up to try to duplicate the steam issue and let it run for 15 minutes or so and everything appeared to be fine. I took off all the side panels while running to see if any hoses seem to have a split in them and found nothing.

Any ideas?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Might have been pulling water through the blower. The water in the hot blower will blow steam out the exhaust.

Becker

Name
Becker
Was it coming fro the blower?
Was it a cold day?
Maybe your tank was getting full and or a bypass was dumping off hot water.

I blew a fog from the blower today. Cool, high humility, machine temps high.

What kinda machine?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Been there, done that a few times. Even when tank wasn't full, the vac would pull moisture through the blower when weather conditions were just right. It's embarassing. I also get that on really cold mornings after the TM sat in a nice warm garage and collected condensation in the blowerand HX'ers.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ok, now that makes perfect sense! Thanks
What I forgot to mention was when I fired up TM to test it immediately shut down because it was full, so I drained some water then started it back up for the 15 min run with no problems . Now come to think of it I was on a nose downgrade so that explains it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom