Has your business been awarded?

Mikey P

Administrator
Most citys run a "Best Of" contest in the local newspaper, website or weekly rag..
Have you been awarded?
More than once?
How did it effect your biz?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I never have, but my local paper is running one now and one of my customers told me about it, so I have 2 votes so far. :eekk:

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We won it for more than 10-years straight. It really made no difference in business even in all the years we won it.

The last couple of years we dropped to second and last year third.

The two cleaners ahead of us are weekly newspaper advertisers and we don't use the paper to advertise. Coincidence??? :eekk: Both cleaners clean for less than half the rate we do.

We liked winning but not enough to advertise. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We've won the past 3 years. They are gearing up for this year's voting (May). Already getting calls from my rep asking me to place an ad, before the voting happens. We won't run an ad unless we win, in which case we thank our customers for voting for us.

Here is the breakdown of business we've received from winning:

2012 $4,750
2013 $5,546
2014 $6,356

Not huge, but we'll take it! We run a full page ad in the insert (It's not a full newspaper page size) and it costs us about $950 to do that. I think this year if we win again, we'll scale back to a 1/2 or quarter page ($795 or $495). Ad we did last year attached.

Attachments

• Burdicks_Best of 2014 Ad.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I did win an award from some company every year for the Best of my town in Carpet Cleaning but they want me to pay them to get my award.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Won some that seemed legit, but since so many are not, we never made a big deal out of it. Too embarrassing to find out later that everyone knows how the winners typically get their awards.

PS: Awarded would be like being certificationed. You can win an award, or be awarded an honor. Can't be awarded.

Darned truck ads.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We have won best of Zionsville 5 years straight.
Angie's list super service award winner in 5-6 categories every year for last 5 years.
We even won Carpet cleaner of the year 2014 for realtors.

Most of this happens because of my good looks I am pretty sure. LOL

No seriously we have a great team that works hard ever day to make this happen. I am the shmuck that that holds us back.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Our area doesn't do a "best of each business category" but last year I received the 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the entire Moshannon Valley Region. Surprised and honored to win this one of course.
20150419_190306.jpg

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We have won best of S Jersey home and garden 3 years in a row. I do not think we made any money but We have not put up banners either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom