Have an iPad...

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I loaded a simple spreadsheet off the App Store and built a simple sheet with room titles down the first columb, sq/ft on 2nd, Price, and so on. Included comparison room price columbs on the very right. Formula columbs inbetween to show individual room prices and formulas at the bottom. And an average room formula.

Why?, cause wow does it not only calculate a total with or without protector, it compares the total and room average to the hypothetical per-room pricing. I encourage you to try this and let a single glance at your average job speak volumes. I'm going to start using it tomorrow. In my opinion it won't matter if your a per-roomer or a sq-footer, it simple compares the two and lets you or a customer make informed decisions. You sq-footers will find very interesting break points in your price per sq/ft against total sq footage and those totals against a per-room scenario. All at a glance.

Reactions: Shorty

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've never used a spread sheet. Is it hard to learn how to use one? I've seen local vocational schools offer adult training in spread sheet use. Does it require that much initial instruction, or has the technology evolved past that point?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Gene??

I'm also in $Marty's boat, computer ill-it-er-ate. :redface:

What's the name of the app;??

I've just picked up a new small HP Notebook with DVD that I'd like to install this on, as well as my iPad.

:yoda:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
The one I got from the Apple App Store was called Spreadsheet Touch. It's a mini version of Microsoft Excel. A spreadsheet can be extremely useful. Excel is probably the most widespread and taught; very easy to learn. Most if not all of our industry software is built on a spreadsheet in the background. Never to old to learn.

Reactions: Shorty

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never used a spread sheet. Is it hard to learn how to use one? I've seen local vocational schools offer adult training in spread sheet use. Does it require that much initial instruction, or has the technology evolved past that point?
Really fairly easy don't let the word "Spread Sheet" scare you. They teach this stuff to High Schoolers now days.

Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L1OVkw2ZQ8

What do you want to do with it Marty?

We have some simple ones we use for estimating, job costing, tracking hours for fire jobs. Really anytime you need fast calculations with a formula, you plug in your amounts and let Excel do the work for you.

Reactions: Shorty and hogjowl

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The one I got from the Apple App Store was called Spreadsheet Touch. It's a mini version of Microsoft Excel. A spreadsheet can be extremely useful. Excel is probably the most widespread and taught; very easy to learn. Most if not all of our industry software is built on a spreadsheet in the background. Never to old to learn.
You could share it, if you were so inclined. :)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Really fairly easy don't let the word "Spread Sheet" scare you. They teach this stuff to High Schoolers now days.

Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L1OVkw2ZQ8

What do you want to do with it Marty?

We have some simple ones we use for estimating, job costing, tracking hours for fire jobs. Really anytime you need fast calculations with a formula, you plug in your amounts and let Excel do the work for you.

Cheerio, old chap!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom