Have you EVER gotten an electric shock using a floor machine?

Mikey P

Administrator
I hear the next version of the HOSS will come with an attached 50 ft Lightening Rod so they can claim to have the safest RE on the planet.

:hopeless:

My question to all of you 175, Cimex, OP, Burnisher and rotary extractor users is, have you ever been so much as tickled by a 120 zap when using ANY floor machine on a wet floor?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I hear the next version of the HOSS will come with an attached 50 ft Lightening Rod so they can claim to have the safest RE on the planet.

My question to all of you 175, Cimex, OP, Burnisher and rotary extractor users is, have you ever been so much as tickled by a 120 zap when using ANY floor machine on a wet floor?

can we get Bill Bane to tell us how dangerous PROPANE is next?

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
like Lee....maybe 5 times in the 29 yrs i been pushing machines.,....

usually was something funky on the machine though....

only tickled...nothing major

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A grounded cord and plug?

Never been shocked by any carpet cleaning tool, but we're pretty good about keeping cords in good shape.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had a tech that shocked the shit out of himself when his arm bumped against a furnas in an old trailer house. The veins were all swelled up on his arm. I've also had sparks fly when the wand hit registers on the floors a few times. Usually in those same houses you would get shocked touching the inside water facets. The houses had wiring problems.

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

No. But I did blow my self up years ago in my ol man,s clothing factory. On 3 phase electric. That fooking hurt.

Name
Nate W.
The OG twin head RV... Wet carpet + metal door frame and threshold + those old houses that you need the 2 prong adapters to plug in with... My arm touched the frame while i was stepping/moving the cord... It got my attention... Happened like 4 times on that job... Most other times is just a tingle...

As for the Rotary in the wash pit, it never happened to me.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The OG twin head RV... Wet carpet + metal door frame and threshold + those old houses that you need the 2 prong adapters to plug in with... My arm touched the frame while i was stepping/moving the cord... It got my attention... Happened like 4 times on that job... Most other times is just a tingle...

As for the Rotary in the wash pit, it never happened to me.....

that and a few others sounds like a reverse polarity......remember the old 2 prog fridges open it with wet hand and feel a tingle.... all you had to do was unplug it and turn the plug over and plug it back in and it would go away.....
........now we have directional plugs that only allow you to plug something in one direction.....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I was at a home in Kingston, Ma and there was an electrical issue. I was running the Rotovac and didn't seem there was any problem until I walked out to the van and the van was live. You couldn't touch it. It melted the battery in the truckmount. Thesolution hose was the conduit. I have never seen anything like it. I wasn't sure iof there was a problem w the van until I realized it had to be fro inside the house. I was pissed.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yes, scrubbers, RX20's, and airmovers. Usually only a tingle.

Like Lee, doing this for over 40 years means almost anything that could happen has happened to me.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Used a buffer once that if you touched the from metal plate in the handle assembly you'd get a shock, but hand one the rubber handles you were fine.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I would get zapped when I was a cabinet maker. Old man had an old belt sander that would keep you on your toes. "Quit complainin you sissy, I've been using that thing for years"

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Had an old Clarke machine for MANY years. It developed a short in the switch box. Got a good jolt on a couple of occasions. Finally tossed the old machine - it was well past its prime.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I had a tech that shocked the shit out of himself when his arm bumped against a furnas in an old trailer house. The veins were all swelled up on his arm. I've also had sparks fly when the wand hit registers on the floors a few times. Usually in those same houses you would get shocked touching the inside water facets. The houses had wiring problems.

Like Dave....I've had a few houses where just hitting a metal register with the wand will produce a spark, and a zap if you stay in contact long enough. Usually old houses with the old tube and knob wiring.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yes, multiple times usually while stripping VCT in commercial buildings, it is a good wake up especially when you have been working for 8 or so hours and still have another few to go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom