Have you ever had a new Truckmount that didn't have..

allclean_nj1

Name
Bob Johnson
My 870 had an RTD sensor go out at about 300 hours. Other than the floats wearing out and a few brass repairs, it's been a solid machine. I'm very happy. I do expect some issues. Anything mechanical will wear out. I take care of my machine. Always checking oil levels and keeping her warm at night :) Currently at over 2100 hours.
Hey Damon i have a 870..talked to you before...What is the RTD sensor...my unit is cutting out..on low ???

Reactions: JS41035

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hey Damon i have a 870..talked to you before...What is the RTD sensor...my unit is cutting out..on low ???
Ok. Lets see if I can do this while driving through the Starbucks Drive-Thru.

The RTD sensor is a heat monitor probe that monitors the heat inside the main exchanger. It is located under the front-lower cover. When you pull the cover you will see a plastic black box about the size of a deck of cards. Coming out of the bottom of that black box is a stainless-braided wire that leads to the front of the heat exchanger where the sensor is screwed in with a compression-crush fitting. If you order a new sensor, order two just in case you screw it up on install. I now have an extra one sitting around just in case. You can get new brass compression orings at ace hardware.

Before you start pulling RTD sensors I would first pull the codes out of your 870’s brain and see if there is anything flashing. You do this by grounding out the pink wire pigtail and counting the flashes of the check engine lights. You’ll need your manual to translate the codes.

Another place to start is to make sure you have enough fuel pressure off the pump.

Scott Harlib with Legend Brands is a great guy and really knows these machines. Gicr him a call and most likely he can get you going again if you need more help.

Im not checking for typos. Im driving.

Last edited:

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I once ask a distributor for a baseball cap with their logo on it. Was sent a used hat that looked like the their tech had used it for that summer....very disappointed :headscratch::hopeless:

allclean_nj1

Name
Bob Johnson
Ok. Lets see if I can do this while driving through the Starbucks Drive-Thru.

The RTD sensor is a heat monitor probe that monitors the heat inside the main exchanger. It is located under the front-lower cover. When you pull the cover you will see a plastic black box about the size of a deck of cards. Coming out of the bottom of that black box is a stainless-braided wire that leads to the front of the heat exchanger where the sensor is screwed in with a compression-crush fitting. If you order a new sensor, order two just in case you screw it up on install. I now have an extra one sitting around just in case. You can get new brass compression orings at ace hardware.

Before you start pulling RTD sensors I would first pull the codes out of your 870’s brain and see if there is anything flashing. You do this by grounding out the pink wire pigtail and counting the flashes of the check engine lights. You’ll need your manual to translate the codes.

Another place to start is to make sure you have enough fuel pressure off the pump.

Scott Harlib with Legend Brands is a great guy and really knows these machines. Gicr him a call and most likely he can get you going again if you need more help.

Im not checking for typos. Im driving.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
a settling in issue?

Loose fittings, something out of alignment etc

My 370 had 50 hours on it but it had an issue or two.
The Butler had GMC issues.
The Judson was a rattle trap
The Vortex took years to get right
The AT had a hand full.
The 650 has been legendary.

Prochem Peak
Steam Way 4100/Powerclean Freedom 47
Prochem Apex
HydraMaster CDS
Prochem 650
All of those machines ran out of the box for the life of their loans with little to no issues. The 650 got moved down the list as they had serious issues when they first came out with blowers losing their front seal in less than 400 hours and the first waste tank design and the clamp to hold the filter was a major Cluster F. That and the aluminum filter box was always a bad idea glad Mike had Sapphire go Stainless. So for those reason it got moved down the list but it is at the top if you only count the last 6 years of production

This is not to say the others in the line are bad just we had more issues with the legends and blazers and the hydramasters slide in we seen (haven't sold any of their slide ins)

If Powerclean was still in business and making the Freedom 47 id still be selling it. I love that machine. The Nissan Genisis was a bad ass machine as for the Hyundai.... well...I'll just say I am glad I never got sued over one...

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I had a Powerclean Freedom XT that was so riddled with problems. I traded it for a crb. That was eight years ago. The crb is still running. New brushes of course. The guy that ended up with the powerclean stripped it of everything except the blower. Put an air cooled kohler, general pump and a little giant. It’s still running also but it’s not a powerclean anymore.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My first 405 was beast mode! My 570 was a learning curve and my bimba kicked my but the first 6-7 months it’s been solid.

The pro1200 had a bearings on the belt drive go out at 160 hours. Then I got a recall at 200 hours to change the main pulley on the clutch drive in the engine and they put a new belt on it too.

It’s been great 1583 hours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom