Have you ever hired a website content writer?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I have heard from more than one person that you have to make sure your website content is very unique and special to your business and not too similar to another website. With that in mind, I would like to hire a website content writer because my creative writing skills won't impress anyone. Anyone have a name or suggestion? I need to preface that I have champagne taste and a beer budget.

Amygeorge

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Amy,

Depending on my work load, I write mine or have the marketing firm I work with do it. They are great. I'm happy to put you in touch with them if you want. The will give you an initial consultation at no charge and provide a proposal based on the scope of work. Very easy to work with and we mostly hash out everything over the phone and via web meetings.

Meg

Reactions: amygeorge

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Steven Hoodlebrink with a Web Gears (419) 870-6281.

He wrote most of our content and is on the short list of people I go to when I need someone I can trust.

He also converted our site to Wordpress. Reasonably priced, excellence.

A true web guy with lots of real carpet cleaning biz experience!

Mike Draper

I have heard from more than one person that you have to make sure your website content is very unique and special to your business and not too similar to another website. With that in mind, I would like to hire a website content writer because my creative writing skills won't impress anyone. Anyone have a name or suggestion? I need to preface that I have champagne taste and a beer budget.

Amygeorge

Steve Hoodlebrink is your man.(419) 870-6281

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Cant tell ya who to hire but can say in general with creative types there is a sweet spot. They need some instructions, ideas of what you want.
BUT you also dont want to micro-manage and interfere with their creativity.

Also with copy, its not just about what you say but also format/styling.
Brian Hanna mentioned on another thread about using open space and bullet points. I would be thinking about that part also, have to make it physically easy to read.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree that Steve H would be a good person to get your site tow here it should be.

For fresh content each month, I would strongly consider Jeff Cross' Marketing Zoo. I think the current price to provide new articles each month is $29.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
You're correct - my daughter - works in advertising - says our websites (cc) stress her out. She is quite snobby when it comes to that because of her type of work. The postcards the industry sends drives her nuts as well. I am going to take y'alls advice and call the contacts mentioned and a few my daughter suggested - but I can't afford...

Again, I appreciate everyones input!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I agree that Steve H would be a good person to get your site tow here it should be.

For fresh content each month, I would strongly consider Jeff Cross' Marketing Zoo. I think the current price to provide new articles each month is $29.
Thanks, Scott! I am a member of the Marketing Zoo, just waiting on the website to get up and running to take advantage of it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just to add my 2 cents, Amy.

A copy writer or a marketing agency etc. can help make everything more slick and better looking.Work better emotionally, aesthetically etc.

However, the core of the message has to come from you and not anybody else. It has to reflect who you are and your personality. And its reflection in your business has to come through. Which means that you have to sit down and think through it.

Otherwise it will not reflect who you are and it will not be any different than other web sites that they've already done before.

So............... get thinking.

And it does not have to be "very" unique. How many unique sites do you really know in each given industry. It has to reflect your passion and professionalism and demonstrate with text and graphics, the message you want your potential clients to receive. And as a result make them want to call or book a cleaning. In other words- want to do business with you.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I wrote the whole front page of a small TM mfg, from the standpoint of his target (budget) audience. Was just trying to inspire him a bit, and he didn't change a word of it for a couple of years..even after he was not speaking to me. :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom