He said, she said BS

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'd of had one of the guys back it by screwing in some 1/4" luan scrap (like plaster lath) and lay in 20min Durabond
(won't shrink and crack when laid thick like bucket mud)

what's the "texture" spray spray for?
that wall looks smooth???

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
You did take the high road. I would have filled it with toilet paper and smoothed it over with toothpaste.
From the domestic violence that my parents, so kindly, put me through when I was a little kid...my mom used newspaper to fill the holes that my drunk ass dad, so kindly, made. For several years after that, I thought that was the way to repair walls, LOL. I was surprised when I discovered the correct way to mud a wall with damage.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'd of had one of the guys back it by screwing in some 1/4" luan scrap (like plaster lath) and lay in 20min Durabond
(won't shrink and crack when laid thick like bucket mud)

what's the "texture" spray spray for?
that wall looks smooth???

..L.T.A.

I'm not really sure if the wall is smooth-- but I want to have the texture just in case. I can return it if not used.
Like a good cub scout, I like being prepared. :winky:

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
saint-gobain-adfors-drywall-repair-tools-fdw8645-u-64_1000.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Saint-G...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMqEl5XB4N0CFQkLgQodHG8P5Q

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that's crAp, Damon

you have to feather that out with mud a mile to make that look like anything but a bush-league bullchit repair

Only people that buy that are clueless duped homeowner dunces and slumlords that don't GAS

go sit in the corner with Matt

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
that's crAp, Damon

you have to feather that out with mud a mile to make that look like anything but a bush-league bullchit repair

Only people that buy that are clueless duped homeowner dunces and slumlords that don't GAS

go sit in the corner with Matt

..L.T.A.
Rookie. You trace it then chisel out a little indention so you don’t need to feather out. Then buy the spray can texture and let her rip.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Also. This lady is clearly trying to pull a fast one on Papa John. So yeah, you won’t find me cutting out a rectangle from stud to stud to fix it. Hell, she’d be luckey to get a patch out of me period.

5F21DE89-40B2-49EA-B6FC-E063E2B78449.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Simple test for future reference: does the knob match the hole?

Yes——- it wasn’t the wand
No ———it might have been the wand.

Double hole = changed out door, the last guy slammed it open too but this guy knocked both patches out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom