Health Insurance

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been procrastinating dealing with what we will do by the end of the year.

We have a catastrophic plan that the price is @ doubling going forward.

What are you guys doing?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Gold plan with 2k deductible, 0 coinsurance 3k max outta pocket is 700/month for me the wife and the little fella.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have a separate policy of myself and my wife. Was cheaper....

Our insurance went up $73 per month if we kept the same deductibles..... (was $574 per month premium and will be $647 per month new premium)

Our deductible is $5200 per person per year....

We spent about $13,000 this year out of our pockets....

Affordable health care....YUCK!

We are probably staying with the same health plan this year and hoping for neither of us needing surgery.

So far, my doctor say no knee surgery for this year...but getting a brace....Ugh....

The fun I had when I was young.... :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Blue Cross, its very affordable for singles, not so much for family. Although this year we are actually getting a reduction. Mostly due to group age and low usage.

The individual can pick their deductible from 3 options.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Oh boy......

Effective January 1, 2015, monthly rates are $72.00 for one person, $130.50 for a family of two and $144.00 for a family of three or more. From January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2014 monthly rates are $69.25 for one person, $125.50 for a family of two and $138.50 for a family of three or more.

Able 1

Name
Keith
My insurance for next year went from $720 to $920 a month for me and 2 kids(2,500 deductible).. I'm out(hardship)! I'm going to put it all on my mortgage.. When REAL health insurance costs more then your mortgage they can KMA!

When picking out a plan and looking at prices, the deductible is the important thing.. If you have a 5-6,000 deductible you won't spend that (normally in a year), so you really are just paying out of pocket. I would suggest getting the highest deductible possible, because what really is the difference between 6,000 and 12,000 when you are saving $400 a month? If you have health concerns maybe it would be worth it to get a lower deductible till you are healthy again..

As far as Obamacare all it really is is Medicaid, and you should make sure your doctor and local hospital is in the plan..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Oh boy......

Effective January 1, 2015, monthly rates are $72.00 for one person, $130.50 for a family of two and $144.00 for a family of three or more. From January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2014 monthly rates are $69.25 for one person, $125.50 for a family of two and $138.50 for a family of three or more.

Yeah, too many sucking off the Government here in the states to ever hit those prices! Our real unemployment rate is like 15%..

steve_64

VA, never thought id sign up for it.
not a long term option but it will get me through until this gets fixed i hope.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sucks, nothing we can do about it though.

They have to open it up to national competition, state by state is not lowering costs.
Among other reasons...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We started adding a 4% health care tax/fee to all invoices. We now offer Gold 0 deductable/30 co payment-- health insurance to our techs. For now the 4% more then covers the cost of the insurance which is under $900 total for a 31 year old single and 46 yr old single. we plan on saving some of the extra money from the 4% for future increases or if we hire more people-- but in the short term we will cover some of the out of pocket expenses for our techs.

most customer barely notice the 4%- we tell them is to cover government mandated health care expenses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom