Hearing loss....

GRHeacock

Having run a Ballweber for 20 plus years, which is very quiet, I cannot understand why the Truck Mount manufacturers do not make their machines quieter.

You can- I can- stand beside it and talk in a normal voice, and can barely hear the machine run while inside a house.

But, like many things, including wands, the people who make them do not use them, so do not care how badly they are designed.

Or what other problems the users have with the badly designed things.

And when- as I have- suggested a correction, or fix, the wand and machine manufacturers say- "Do not tell me how to build a machine.".

Some V owners have made additional silencers and quieted the roar down a lot, but why should they do this? As I see it, the manufacturer should do this.

Some Slide in owners have added mufflers or silencers to quiet the machines down. Why should they have to do this? It should be the manufacturers job to do this. Do they care? Nope.

As long as we buy the noisy machines- or badly designed wands, etc, there will be an aftermarket for better ideas.

Glides come to mind pretty quickly.

Gary

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Ah, spring is in the air, somewhere,

Where a young man's fancy turns to romance.

Spring is here,
the grass has riz,
I wonder where,
me lawn mower is.

It seems only yesterday that I was reading how good these loud truck mounts were.

Park them in the street while you're cleaning carpets, and all the neighbours come out to see what the noise is.

Then you book them all in for carpet cleaning because you got the biggest, maddest mutha of all truck mounts.

I still like my little quiet liquid ring that I can run at 2:00 am in a residential area without waking anyone IF NEEDED.

Just glad I don't do that type of work anymore shiteatinggrin & that my hearing is still reasonably well for an old fart. shiteatinggrin

There's much to be said for us short quiet types with a liquid ring and an 360i to boot. :lol:

Knowing the capabilities of your equipment and how to achieve quality cleaning results means that you don't need to spend mega bucks on a big assed, loud mouthed, fire breathing machine that weighs a ton and possibly also damages your health.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Lee Stockwell said:
So why's this thread in the MMM room?

I don't know, but it's a good thread. Can any one tell me what would happen it I connect another muffler under my WM Pro1200 van on the chassis where the 2" blower exaust pipe comes out? Would this quiet the roar? Would it hurt performance?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom