Heat coil plugged.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well it appears my coil isnt as clean as i thought...

as the FLOW that comes out of it, is drastically less then what straight off the machine is...

so who has an idea for cleaning out this schd 80 black pipe???

already going to be running a few batches of acid through it.....but i dont want to keep hitting the pump with it...

or is there an inline thing i can use the garden hose to just push it through???

or a way to "rout" out the pipe??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Doug my distributor runs a low pressure 30psi pump cyclingthe acid through the coil only for hours when needed. Works better than high pressure or strong acids, just slow but sure. He also alternates between packaged descalers and acids. He claims its more effective thaetet way. Just be safe, wear PPE eye protection, splash and hand too. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chavez is a LOT smarter than me, so listen to him

But I'd NUKE it with muratic acid from the garden dept at Home Depot (12-13 ?? bukz a gal) and be done in a half hour

My recipe that you'll use at your own risk;

5 gal bucket w/4gal clean water
I by-pass my water box and draw directly from the 5 gal bucket
Turn off all soap dispensers ...
Plug in open end solution line ...like a short open hose you use to mix chems in sprayers ..that's what i use...you DO have one, right??:eekk::icon_razz:

Start it up, turn on the pump and draw a couple gal of clean water from bucket .
Let the open flow end run to a drain or another bucket
(this purges any alkaline detergent in the system and coils)
turn off pump
add another gal or two of fresh water to the bucket and add a 1/2 gal of Muratic ...WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION

turn on the pump , turn on the heater and recirculate outflow back into bucket
Circulate til temp is appx 120
Shut it down for 5 minutes

Pull the outflow hose out of the bucket, start up and blow the the first round of gunk out in an environmentally responsible manner.
Suck appx a gal of bucket solution out before you put the outflow hose back in and recirculate to temp again.
Shut down and dwell another 5 min

Repeat as needed

you may be able to lengthen dwell time a bit, but when it's real bad, you STILL have to do it in steps like that
cause if you leave the acid dwell too long, it will make such thick goo it can clog the QD on your TM..ask me how I know:redface:

Once done, get rid of the left over acid solution ...in an environmentally responsible manner
(you should see how it reacts when dumped on a limestone drive):biggrin:

purge with a strong mixed alkaline solution
Purge thoroughly

For the next couple weeks, purge your sol line at job start for 20-30 seconds before hooking it to tool/wand
(if you don't already do that)
That will prevent jets from clogging and strainer screens from packing with bits of loose chunks /debris

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i added 1/2 gallon to about 1-2 gallons of water...

let sit over night.....

yes open end...in fact i bought a full flow connect, and made up an adapter....so that i can let it purge before the job with open flow...been there:afro:

So it appears, add...sit, flush...add sit flush is going to be my best option....i just drain out the water box almost empty....fill heater....flush out box while it sits....as i have 2 outlets on the machine....1 goes to heater...the other to what ever i want...

grrr i am just soooo pissed that when i saw some "rusty goop" when i descaled. I though it was good.....:madd:

oh well looks like a softener needs to be pushed up the list of shit to buy sooner then later...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhh freshy rinse type of guy...so no soap res....

which tells you just how bad the hard water maybe:angry:....while it tastes good...its hell on the machine:rockon:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've heard his mention it before when he talks about his machine breathing.

If he wasn't such a nice guy I'd think he was off his rocker. Ok truth be told ...HE IS! :p

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Runs like a well oiled machine....

besides its not the machine...

and if it wasnt for the fact i dont....

youd think i was a tweaker, with all the tinkering i do....

besides half that shit on there is a waste......yea yea i know it is there for a reason...FOR DUMB ASSES.....

just wait i will have a sale on used items off the machine:stir:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh yea...besides

John seems to think i have an endless supply of money to run the 60 miles back and forth...or the time, or the cost to get the simple things fixed....

as you always put it John....about it just being cheaper to have it fixed, instead of researching it.....not always, nor usually in my case.....

besides what happens when it breaks down after hrs??? or out on a job????? I gots to be able to fix it on the fly....and i can..

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Get ready for clogged jets, inline filters, and even quick connects for the next weeks or so. Descaling breaks lose a ton of rust on a steel coil.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
See Doug, John just needs to open up a shop up north for us guys. Then you would not have to drive so far.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
See Doug, John just needs to open up a shop up north for us guys. Then you would not have to drive so far.
When in can clone TW I will. I have been advertising for another mechanic and have only had three applications no hires :(

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Runs like a well oiled machine....

besides its not the machine...

and if it wasnt for the fact i dont....

youd think i was a tweaker, with all the tinkering i do....

besides half that shit on there is a waste......yea yea i know it is there for a reason...FOR DUMB ASSES.....

just wait i will have a sale on used items off the machine:stir:
Umm yeah the engineers put shit on machines for dumbasses like covers who needs those... LOL

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Maybe you should hire Doug, :dejection:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Theres lots of machines with no covers...

they are there just to raise the time it takes in the shop to fix them....after all it is charged by the hour right???:stir:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Theres lots of machines with no covers...

they are there just to raise the time it takes in the shop to fix them....after all it is charged by the hour right???:stir:

Please tell me you don't really believe that? That little sticker thats says you will void the waranty if you run it without the covers isn't there for shits and giggles

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that would be for new machines....and i would hope to hell a new machine doesnt need tinkering.....

tell me growing up you never tinkered with your car???:eekk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom