Heat Drying, Structural Drying

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Bill Bruders said:
Eric
I'm not commenting one way or another about which unit is best. I can say I have a fair amount of experience in the water damage restoration arena and believe I understand the theory of drying and the importance of temperature. My point was quite simple, you were making a lot of comparative statements about your product and the ETES and these comparisons focused on NEC compliance. It seemed to me you were using somewhat of a scare tactic concerning the safety of using ETES. I simply cautioned you about these statements and asked for some documentation nothing more.

I actually find all the talk about the importance of heat in drying quite comical. Mankind has been using heat to dry materials of most every kind dating back to the stone age. The use of heat has been taught in every certification class, workshop etc. focused on water damage restoration since their inception. I'm sure your product like any tool has its place, but lets make sure we keep all of these new ideas in perspective.

what I find surprising is how drieaz has missed the heat drying boat, you guys have no response to the phoenix fire bird, etes or this ele 6400, when is drieaz going to get on the ball about heat drying being the future?? where are the units?? BTW as for front line LGR dehus your lgr 2000 crushes my phoenix 200 lgr"s in performance despite way lower ratings maybe some day you guys should do a little crowing about that.

ken horvath

Eric,

Bill works for a dehumidifier manufacturer. I doubt he would comment on heat in a positive manner other than as a "tool" in the toolbox. To keep heat in its "perspective" one would have to explain it as the root of all evaporation. Not always a good perspective if your trying to sell dehumidifiers as the main source of drying.

Kevin,

I love you man. Please understand that I can use the ELE 6400 with every airmover made by man. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, you can do with an etes you cannot also do with the ELE 6400. The main difference is the ELE 6400 is thermostatically controlled and has a higher temperature rise with built in fan that allows for easier "focus" drying in many instances. Focus drying can often be done with 1/2 power using far less energy than the competitor. 6200 watts is 25.833 amps. Doesn't go down to 24 watts even if Chris Angel is using it. Unless, there is a reduction in watts. Then it would no longer be 6200 watts. I'm happy your using heat as all heat works. But don't hesitate to take your unit back and buy one of my ELE 6400's. :D

ken horvath

Bill,

Steve has a point. You can call me tomorrow and we can talk about a private label deal.

Ken
602-723-2534

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Once again I'm not into arguing in public it reminds me too much of what we see each night on TV from our proud politicians. I haven't shot down either product have I? As for Dri-Eaz getting into the heat arena our Dragon portable heater which supplies 85,000 BTU's of heat was he first product introduced into the restoration market for the purposes of adding heat to a building to improve evaporation. Hmmmm..... Also while we manufacture duhumidifiers a 2000 or our new 2800i each add approximately 10000 additional BTU's of heat in addition to removing moisture. Beyond that the 2800i has been designed to continue to perform without any issue at temps upwards of 125F. We understand heat have for years and acknowledge to value of temperature in drying.

Frankly I stayed out of the fray on this one because I'm sensitive about the fact that I have an agenda without question. I only got involved when the conversation became focused on NEC compliance. I still feel there is more to that conversation regarding both of these products and I am passionate about safe products because restoration products need to run safely 24/7 in both occupied and unoccupied homes etc.

ken horvath

Bill,

What are you guys doing to replace the dragon? I know you were looking at the Thermobile ITA 45. It is my understanding that an agreement where the numbers worked could not be made. Appreciate you putting in your catalog. Have you found anything else you like to replace the dragon? I have something in the works for the US Military. I am looking to have it produced for the Restoration market as well. Would be CSA/AGA. If you guys think you would have any interest I will call you when we get a little further.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom