Heating Element

steamwizards

Name
Rob
Okay so what Ive learned is that you should use cold water in your tank instead of hot water, correct? Well how long should the element take to heat the water up and is it best just to upgrade the element so it doesn't take as long to heat up? And what wattage element would you recommend?

Thanks

Rob

Name
Lee Stockwell
Rob very few guys here are familiar with the setup you are describing, as most use either heat exchangers from engine heat, or directly use fuel-fired water heaters.

What is the capacity of your water tank?

What kind of pump? (particulary how well does the pump tolerate heat?)

Using electricity to heat water for carpet cleaning is only for VERY patient people who tolerate low performance well.

more...

Welcome to MB Rob.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Just googled your machine. A good entry level portable... no comparison to a truckmount, especially in vacuum. Go ahead and use the hottest water available but make several dry passes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Name
Jesse
Our portables recommend less than 140F for fresh water. We use the hottest water we can but use a thermometer to keep it in in the safe range. Some water heaters are set higher than that, especially commercial kitchens. I've got a heated tank on our porty van that sometimes will exceed 140. We mix in just a little cold water to balance out. Putting cold water in our cobra 500 gets you warm water after the heater. Starting with 140 it can maintain about 180 with a 3 flow porty wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom