Heavy cat urine

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have a job coming up in a week that I do every year. The women has 7 cats in the house and I think they all piss along three walls, each about 12 feet long. These areas are about 10 inches from the wall out. So about 36 square feet in total. I have tried all the big name products out there with acceptable results but not 100% out. Is there any secret formulas that any one would share. Light beige nylon that is all stained from cat piss.

The only secret formula I have heard of is to rinse the carpet first and pour on a mixture of 5 gallons of water and 2 cup bleach mixed together. Let soak and water claw out.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Last time I cleaned the 12 cat house.. I mixed a half gallon of Masterblend Skunk Out with a half gallon of Pros choice Urine Stain Remover. Sprayed it on thick with a four to one tip in my hydroforce. but I was also cleaning white carpet. Water clawed the bad areas and then rinsed the rest with a quality alkaline rinse and it came out great, not smell no spots left excpet the areas were the care taker was using bleach :shock: which those spots were there and weren't going to change.

Basicly a super deo and a strong oxidizer. It was a salvage cleaning and the cats would be back in there.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
On the wood molding wall and subfloor I would use an enzyme. I use chem spec. For the carpet I would use osr let it do outs thing. Wood is very absorbing ecspecially with cat piss. More uric acid than dog pita. You might need a couple of good heavy spraying. I done it many times always successful.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
PULL THE PAD it's cheaper to replace than trying to decontaminate

use Flyerman's bucket method to FLOOD the effected carpet with sodium perc mixed in hot water
(we use good ole Oxyclean)

THOROUGHLY flush/rinse extract
Put your nose on the carpet..if it still smells, repeat the sodium perc flood and extract

seal the subfloor (if needed) with a shellac based sealer ( Zensser BIN is better than Kilz)

Install new pad, kick in carpet

if the cats are still there, she's pissing the wind (no pun intended) cause it will only be fixed til the cats foul it again..and they will

just flood it with sodium perc and water claw if she doesn't want to fix it right

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you tear back the carpet corners to clean front and back.

Put down plastic sheeting between carpet and pad since this is a reacquiring problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom