Help! Carpet Cleaner Compensation

Josh Adler

Hey guys,
I'm a 22yr old second generation carpet cleaner and i'm pretty new to posting on these forums but it seems like a great way to meet people and get advise. I'm looking for a way to pay my guys so they stay motivated and willing to work. I am a small division with 2 CC trucks inside of a good size restoration company with 75-80 employees. I pay my guys strict commission on regular Residential jobs. When I do jobs for other divisions within the company (clean up after Fire Damage, Water damage, ect...) i pay them an hourly rate. I would like to find a way to pay my guys hourly with incentives if they hit a certain quota. Do you guys have any idea's. Thanks in advance for your time.

Josh

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We used a system with a guaranteed base pay per hour or a commission. If commission was greater (which it usually was) they got the commission. But it also allowed us to have guys working on other projects such as repair vehicles or equipment and improvement at our shop during slow times and not hurt them.

Commission was a % for sales that we booked through the office. A higher percentage for add-on sales they booked themselves.

There were also bonus percentage points for keeping van clean and stocked, no late to work days in a pay period or any other action we wanted to encourage and reward.

Scott Warrington

KBRENNY

A company I worked for in 99 had a deal where the employee with the cleanest van on Monday morning got a $20 bonus that week. I won that bonus 10 weeks straight and not because I was trying to I am just anal about my equipment and van being clean. They stopped after everyone complained about me winning it and the fleet went back to looking like crap. They reinstated it after I left.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
hey josh, i see your trucks on the road all the time , im in the same neck of the woods as you. take k,s advice keep your trucks clean, look at har-bro,s trucks across the st from you, there always well kept .

see you round fremont

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom