HELP…. Direct Mail / door hangers That Work?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I want to try some new marketing this fall. The idea would be to have employees distribute flyers, brochures and doorhangers when they are not cleaning, so the ROI would need at least good enough to pay labor for distribution.
Would you mind sending me a PM with some ad copy of your more successful print aimed at new customers?

I also would like to know about the demographic you target. Direct print is the lifeblood of allot of companies but the wrong message to the wrong audience or at the wrong time is a great way to waste money.
Thanks,
Mike.

Greg Loe

I had a $99 whole house special when I needed fast cash,, more customers, new customers. "Call for details" was my disclaimer. I could do a 2000-2500 sq ft single floor home in 1 hour.

Details= must be prevac by customer, I'm not moving furniture, not empty for sale or move outs homes, no two story homes.

2000-2500 sq ft homes were nicer homes, I only put my postcards out in the subdivisions that met my qualifications.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
$99 whole house special. Followed with a thanks?

Actually I don't think you can pay carpet cleaning wages for distributing flyers.

You might want to use a flyer service that distributes several companies at a time.

It might help your stuff to get read or less directly into the trash if there might be an other company the prospect might be interested in on the door.

Inserting magnets help a lot in the long run.

Rate of return on flyers for carpet cleaning is extreamly low.

Better suited for pizza or stuff that has a big ticket like windows and siding or longterm money like TV services.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Well, it was the only reply.

99 whole house is to low for my market.
I would think you need to some kind of attractive price point with a doorhanger to get the phone ringing.

Connor

Name
Connor
I did one with a magnet and a coupon, just me extending my hand saying "meet your new plumber"

5% return for me on the first run and gained some longtime customers. I picked the right neighborhood on that one, some neighborhoods only had one customer out of 100 houses, but they became repeats, still worth the time I could have spend doing nothing.

Not fancy, very simple and worth the time it took to distribute.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ACE said:
I want to try some new marketing this fall. The idea would be to have employees distribute flyers, brochures and doorhangers when they are not cleaning, so the ROI would need at least good enough to pay labor for distribution.
Would you mind sending me a PM with some ad copy of your more successful print aimed at new customers?

I also would like to know about the demographic you target. Direct print is the lifeblood of allot of companies but the wrong message to the wrong audience or at the wrong time is a great way to waste money.
Thanks,
Mike.

I don't know about when they are not cleaning....but after they are done cleaning.....while one is packing up....have the other walk the hood and distribute them.....when the van is packed and ready to go..just have the driver pick the other guy up....

Connor

Name
Connor
I've found that unless the employee is a natural outgoing salesman that employees often resent being sent on such tasks and that a "five around" garners complaints from employees about the resistance that they met, whether legitimate or not.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Flyers and door hangers can be either price driven or information driven. If you want to boost sales the day/week you're passing them out then use a price driven flyer i.e. $99 whole house. If you want to build your customer list without lowering prices then use an information driven door hanger. I have passed out hundreds of thousands of flyers and can tell you both kinds work and it really is up to you and what you want to achieve.

I would make my techs do flyers to keep them busy in a heartbeat. There will be those that complain about doing it and those that dont. The ones that don't complain are the ones that get called to work first when the week is slow.

FWIW you don't have to lower prices all that much to use a price offer driven flyer.

Able 1

Name
Keith
With a good flyer you can easily get enough return to pay for your employee to do the flyers. If they get 1 job for 8 hours of delivering it should cover there time. If they do deliver for 8 hours they should get out around 2,500 flyers or around there. The thing is people hold onto these things and I have received flyers from 5 years ago(no expiration date on mine). You don't need to run crazy special prices, just put a little extra in the design of the flyer(don't waste your time with this just contact Wayne). Most people don't off hand know what carpet cleaning costs, and if it was your flyer that spurs the call most likely you'll get the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom