Help me help someone

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
A good customer called me today, her husbands brother died while he was sitting in his car. He had been dead less than 24hrs according to authorities. There was the normal releasing of body fluids along with some blood. Her husband removed the leather and pad from the seat he was in. She said there is still some cleaning to be done but the worst part is the odor.

She said she called a crime scene clean up company and they want more than what the car is worth to do the job. Her brother in law loved the car a lot and her husband wants to try and salvage it. They have turned to me for help. Now I am turning to you guys. I am pretty sure I can handle the cleaning not sure about the odor. I have an ozone machine don't know if it would work or not.

Thanks for help or suggestions!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I reckon Cu (that Irish character that talks funny ) from California might be able to give some guidance, Bobby (I can't)
but maybe their auto ins will pay for it??

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a very strong odor, used a respirator while cleaning. You can throw a lot of things at it (enzymes, disinfectants, deodorizers) to knock the odor down but removal of the source is what is needed. Your ozone will work good as final deodorizing, run the ac for a bit to deodorize it also.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
CTI's odor eliminator kicks ass on dead body odor even lists it on the label and everyone that has used it for that person has said works.

C

cucu

I sent you a pm with my number. give me a call i,ll help you over the phone best i can....

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
There are several products used by professional auto detailers and dealerships that use chlorine dioxide gas to treat auto interiors. When water is added to the product, it will gas off and "fog" the entire interior. Car must stay sealed for several hours while being gassed. It's supposed to remove all smoke odors as well as kill anything biological.
Someone posted about it here once before.
Might be worth a shot if all else fails.

http://www.autovaccine.com/about-chlorine-dioxide.php

http://www.autoshocker.com/

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm assuming this isn't a classic Ferrari since other restorers wanted more than its worth.
More deets on the car?

I would strip the porous surfaces out (seats, carpet, headliner, sound deadening, etc) and replace from the junkyard. Treating the hvac system and hard surfaces while the interior was stripped.

Probably overkill since the smell would dissipate overtime with treatments mitigating till it does................but gives peace of mind that your not inhaling bits of of the brother

Personally I'd junk the car........

I hate that f'n smell...i can smell it right now thinking about it. Worst one for me was helping the funeral home guys remove a dead overweight guy from a trailer cause they don't eat enough wheaties. Guy had been dead for a week or so and died with like 5 space heaters on wide ass open. must of been 130 degrees in there and he had swollen to twice his size.............and he wasn't small to begin with. As soon as we shifted him on the bed he busted wide as open............barf

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate that f'n smell...i can smell it right now thinking about it. Worst one for me was helping the funeral home guys remove a dead overweight guy from a trailer cause they don't eat enough wheaties. Guy had been dead for a week or so and died with like 5 space heaters on wide ass open. must of been 130 degrees in there and he had swollen to twice his size.............and he wasn't small to begin with. As soon as we shifted him on the bed he busted wide as open............barf
The worst we've done was an elerly gentleman that had a younger women as a friend. He would give her money and she would buy drugs he didn't have any money this time and she shot him and set his body on fire. Coronor removed the body but when we went in to clean up the scene, guess whose burnt face was stuck to the bedsheets. I've seen Jimmy naked

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We have done a few of these. Just dispose of anything porous that was contacted by body fluid. Clean well using a good disinfectant cleaner. Double O from unsmoke works great as a dead body deodorizer. Prompt action to strip out contaminated material to prevent the odor from affecting the whole car is essential. Might be a little late.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom