Help me set up a 100-120 gallon fresh water tank and pump

Name
Swani
What cleanworks said. It only turns on and pumps water when water is being drawn. Just like a camper's pump only turns on and pumps when the faucet is open.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
Demand pumps turn on and off with a pressure switch,usually attached to the pump.

Bypass pumps trickle a small stream back to the fresh tank and run continuously.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Demand pumps turn on and off with a pressure switch,usually attached to the pump.

Bypass pumps trickle a small stream back to the fresh tank and run continuously.
Do I need to install a bypass hose to send the water back to the tank somehow? Because it seems I have a bypass pump. I hope there’s some type of switch I can install to make this setup a Demand pump.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do I need to install a bypass hose to send the water back to the tank somehow? Because it seems I have a bypass pump. I hope there’s some type of switch I can install to make this setup a Demand pump.
I think that has a pressure switch. It's that little square thing on the end of the pump. The only to tell is to hook it up, put a spring loaded garden spray nozzle on the end and turn it on. When you spray, the pump should turn on. When you let go, the pump should turn off.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

I used these for 20 years with the same tank.
Plumbed straight from the fresh water tank to the mix tank with no inline filter.
All I ever used was a inline filter screen on the garden hose when filling my tank.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

I used these for 20 years with the same tank.
Plumbed straight from the fresh water tank to the mix tank with no inline filter.
All I ever used was a inline filter screen on the garden hose when filling my tank.
Seems better than the harbor freight motor I installed in my van.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Centrifugal pumps usually have a fan that spins in a housing with enough clearance to move water but not "lock down", thus not needing either bypass or shut off.

Automotive engine water pumps are a dependable example of a centrifugal pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom