Help me setup a Rug Shop

Steve D

Name
Steve D'Aquila
I have a heavy duty pond liner for sale. I believe it is 20 x 20 and at least 40 mil.

Name
Jeff T
I have a heavy duty pond liner for sale. I believe it is 20 x 20 and at least 40 mil.
I’m pretty sure you mean 4 mil Steve.... If it’s was 40 mil thick, that would be 1 1/2”.... just a little heavier duty than what is needed.... like to line the tanks at SeaWorld.....

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We are moving into a new building in the near future and I'm working on plans myself. What I'm doing is cutting the equipment out of paper to the correct dimension according to our drawings, this way I can lay it out and develop a flow that will work efficiently. I don't worry about the existing drains to much because you will be cutting up the floor for perimeter drains anyway and if you end up too far for the slope they make special sump pumps for that. We use all Centrum Force equipment and Toms right, you don't want any curbs, just perimeter drains. If you ever need to soak rugs overnight you can build quick temporary pits out of pvc and cheap plastic for a liner, I've seen horse troughs and other items used for soaking urine contaminated rugs.

Make a list of all the equipment and other items you will need and their dimensions. I do this for all future equipment that I may need and storage as we expand so I can be ready when the day comes. This is what I believe you need in order of importance and I'm sure it's incomplete. There are also many other small tools, equipment and other items that you will need.
My List:
Storage for clean rugs- they take up a lot of space
Packaging supplies
Rug carts for soiled rugs coming in
Rug Duster and Grates
Wood floor for blocking rugs (bigger the better, we get more cheap rugs than hand knotted rugs)
Wash floor with perimeter drains, at least 20 x30'
Rug Sucker
Power washer- feed it out of a 55 gallon drum so yo can add pre-mixed detergent
Centrifuge
Heated Dry Room with hoist and poles- or at least of a lot of fans and a system for hanging rugs
Tumble Duster
Wash Tub

Rinse Wringer
Flat bed Duster for tufted and machine made rugs

Good luck and you can call or email me.

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator
I think the whole rug phag shop was last month's hobby ..he's on to shitbox Ford restorations, airplane building and movie editing this month..

just a matter of time before he rents that building out to a pot grower.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm still working on funding for some more equipment. I am cleaning rugs, but doing the old and slow way. Just had a bunch of poly rugs dropped off.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom