Help!!......Older Genesis owners......Or Powerclean Dealers.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
For those or you that own and/or have wrenched on the older style Genesis with the Hayes torque converter, mine blew out today. I need to swap it out with an extra that I have. I'm not sure how they separate from the engine. It should be an easy swap, but I'd like to talk to someone who has done this replacement before.

Call my cell number. It's located in my profile. It's under the web site address.

Thanks......

LeeCory

Re: Help!!......Older Genesis owners......Or Powerclean Deal

I sure wish I could help you out but I've been pretty lucky with my Genesis so far.

I assume you've spoken with Jeff Smith but he wasn't able to help?

The last time I was at his shop we had a conversation about the future of my machine. He told me he could handle many things but he was concerned about what we would do if something happened to the engine.

I am at the point where I am starting to think about my next machine. I've been very happy with my Genesis (except for the pain in the ars belt changing). I am up in the air whether to go slide in again or go the route of something like a Butler. Since I am not doing most of the cleaning I'd like to simplify things as much as possible.

Good luck Robert

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Thanks, Lee. Same here....after 8 years I think it's getting tired. I'm looking to simplify my equipment. If I can't get this fixed by tomorrow, I will probably throw the Powermatic in for now.

I couldn't get a hold of Jeff......he doesn't leave his emergency number anymore. And Bill Calvert hasn't called back yet. I originally bought mine from Bill, and picked it up at the factory.

I wish at least one of the former Powerclean techs would be available for consultation.

LeeCory

I have Jeff's cell phone number if you need it.

Edit: I sent the cell number by private message if it helps.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

LeeCory said:
I have Jeff's cell phone number if you need it.

Edit: I sent the cell number by private message if it helps.

Got it.

Thanks

Jimbo

Johnny said:
Frank Perez at Truckmount Headquarters in Oxnard, CA (805-604-4808) has PowerClean machines and parts.

He's a good guy, RW

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Jimbo said:
Johnny said:
Frank Perez at Truckmount Headquarters in Oxnard, CA (805-604-4808) has PowerClean machines and parts.

He's a good guy, RW

Jimbo....I was going to call him today. I met him at a Mikeyfest years ago. I wish more dealers would check into the board more often. I'll be wrenchin' all day tomorrow. I have a parts machine that I picked up a few years ago, and it's a lot easier tearing it down sitting on a trailer than having to squeeze around my Genesis sitting in the truck.

A beautiful fall weekend and I'm working on the TM.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

rwcarpet said:
For those or you that own and/or have wrenched on the older style Genesis with the Hayes torque converter, mine blew out today. I need to swap it out with an extra that I have. I'm not sure how they separate from the engine. It should be an easy swap, but I'd like to talk to someone who has done this replacement before.

Call my cell number. It's located in my profile. It's under the web site address.

Thanks......

Well....I'm 1/2 way there. Got the old unit tore down (my extra parts machine), and removed the unit from my in service Genesis. Seems the splines on the pully hub just ground down to nothing. This hub is actually a bearing mount with the pullys on the outside, and a splined shaft on the inside, which couples with a "clutch plate" looking unit mounted on the flywheel, which absorbs shock between the engine and blower. The newer Genesis machines eliminated this part and just used a pulley mounted to the flywheel.

I'll either get back to it tonight, or first thing in the morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom