Help with a bid

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I need to bid on 11k of carpet. No tm or encap, portables only. It is a bunch of lawyers offices an I am to move chairs only. Do not tell me to figure my cost and add profit because I will need to go out an buy portables so I will not make money this time. If I get the job, my next post will be about what type of portables to get.
Luis

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Depending on your market, soil conditions, day/time restrictions & percieved or real value they put on maintenance, somewhere between $900-2200 I would say. Only you can define it further. If you can spread it out over a coulpe days 1 portable is all you should need.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Thank you Ken... It need to be done on a late Saturday night after the legal eagles that work late leave, so its a one day thing.
I am thinking 2 portables, two cleaners and one water carrier.
Luis

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sounds good Luis and you will have a couple portables with experience using them to go out and get more jobs like it. I am not a portable expert by any means so I will defer that part of the issue to others~ maybe check with Willy P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do not tell me to figure my cost and add profit because I will need to go out an buy portables so I will not make money this time
Luis I wouldn't buy the units just yet, I'd go to the rental yard and rent them for the job. Rental is cheap and most rental yards have the major brands. Then after you've made a little money you can look at buying a portable. As far as production, 600-700 sq/ft an hour if you have someone to handle the bucket brigade. 15-16 hours, divided by two setups 7-8 hour day.

11,000 sq/ft how much do you want to make an hour? 11,000 sq/ft x .15 =$1650.00
or $1650.00 divided by 16 man hours, $103.12 an hour.

You could also Encap it with a couple of Cimex's 1200-1500 sqft an hour and do the same job in half the time. Even if you charged as little as .12 sq/ft you would come out great. 11,000sq/ft x .12 =$1,320.00, divided by 8-man hours for $165.00 a man hour.With two Cimex's you'll been done by noon if you start at 8:00 AM....well maybe.

Mikey P

Administrator
My "local" suppliers rent portables, most likely yours does too.

I rented a 150 psi Ninja last month to clean a 6 million dollar home up in SF.

With TACT the carpet came out just fine, the upholstery on the other hand took too long to dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom