help with new construction cleanup. PREVAILING WAGES!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I already got the job for 144 new apartments for the construction clean up..

Its out of my element since I have never done a HUD property with paying prevailing wages.
Any programs out there i can use? Because if I have to pay people $36.00 an hour i have to bid it right and not by my normal estimates.. Thanks​
<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 728px; height: 90px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative;"><ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 728px; height: 90px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative;" id="aswift_0_anchor"><iframe style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" id="aswift_0" vspace="0" height="90" marginHeight="0" frameBorder="0" width="728" allowTransparency="true" name="aswift_0" marginWidth="0" scrolling="no" hspace="0"></iframe></ins></ins>

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I have always understood HUD to hold much higher standards.

Coss your T's and Dot your I's brotha!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I believe production is between 1000-1700 sqr ft an hour depending on tasks and density. We used to bid the bigger jobs around 50% labor for general cleaning.

Been a while since i bid any cleaning, now we only do the floor waxing or tile type work.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
call a temporary agency. I suspect after fees and all that you are going to be at least $15/hour. or you can do what alot of people do around here pick up illegals looking for work here they gather by a home depot. I bet you would have to pay them in cash though.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks. I have 7 employees on payroll, so I may call a temp agency if needed. I can handle big jobs such as this. And usually do. Just not with prevailing wages.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Joey

The first step is you have to read the scope of services, each one is very different. Some call for grout sealing and others don't, some call for 4 layers of finish on vinyl and others clean only.

Being a residential setting with kitchen cabinets to vacuum out, windows, appliances etc i would keep my production super low. Government inspectors can be rough.
Probably 800-1000 sqr hour range maybe lower depending on flooring materials and scope.

Reactions: joeynbgky
Back
Top Bottom