help with new wand choice please

chrissalter

stryker, bentley, or joe b custom wand? which of these is the better choice or is their a better one?

highsteam

Name
Alberto
It also depends on your machine to see what can handle effectively.

Im looking for one too. 4 jets 14" maybe. JBrist's heard is good one.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Try one for at least a day or so before you commit to it, it's VERY much a matter of preference.

I like my 14" 4 jet Bentley for its ergonomics, light weight, and low head design that gets under and around things well.

However its "beta" manifold drove some nuts early on. I fixed mine and I'm sure the factory now does likewise.

I like to be able to "spot scrub" with the corner of the wand, so that rules out the swivel version. At least one person in this thread owns one and didn't comment on it....so I take that as a "no" vote.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh yeah that 11 inch wide prochem Quad is a real good wand.

LOL!

That is if you want to spend all day doing a room!

LOL!

bAzINgA!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just checked the price for the Prochem titanium wand. 1200.-!!! Ouch!
I have a Prochem S Quad with a glide that I got from John Watson.It still works well and i like it.But it looks a little banged up and I wouldn't mind upgrading, preferrably to something a little lighter.I like the 12" width and I wouldn't need 20 jets on that thing.
Are there any other wands that are still good but wouldn't set me back quite as much?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
gimmeagig said:
I just checked the price for the Prochem titanium wand. 1200.-!!! Ouch!
I have a Prochem S Quad with a glide that I got from John Watson.It still works well and i like it.But it looks a little banged up and I wouldn't mind upgrading, preferrably to something a little lighter.I like the 12" width and I wouldn't need 20 jets on that thing.
Are there any other wands that are still good but wouldn't set me back quite as much?

I bought a TI wand from Bender.
Great wand for a great price.( I think around 400 bucks)

What I like is that the tube can be cut by yourself to achieve the optimum length.

This is very important.

Too many cleaner with medical problems from years of repetitive motion.

I tries a Bentley.

Worse wand ever!!!

Call Joe Bender

Kipp

Name
kip
Jimmy L said:
Oh yeah that 11 inch wide prochem Quad is a real good wand.

LOL!

That is if you want to spend all day doing a room!

LOL!

bAzINgA!
I'll smoke your ass anyday of the week with it...

I ran quad on smaller furnished jobs and TI on large or unfurnished jobs...

dday

I tried the Stryker for a week, and I tried the Bentley for a week. I really liked the stryker except for the fact that the head kept getting cchoked with carpet fuzz and the "jets" kept getting clogged. When the head was clear and the jets all firing, it was great. Most of the time it had either one or the other or both problems.

The Bentley just didn't feel right to me - and that is a personal thing. I am sure it feels right to alot of other folks.

I finally settled on Joe Bristor's VT-14 with green glide, and I am very pleased.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee Stockwell said:
Try one for at least a day or so before you commit to it, it's VERY much a matter of preference.

I like my 14" 4 jet Bentley for its ergonomics, light weight, and low head design that gets under and around things well.

However its "beta" manifold drove some nuts early on. I fixed mine and I'm sure the factory now does likewise.

I like to be able to "spot scrub" with the corner of the wand, so that rules out the swivel version.

The streamlined airflow of the 14" Bentley cast head allows for better extraction efficiency.

The manifold has been improved for better jet stability.

Larry

P.S. We sold the import 14" titanium/SS wand before JB,
but the quality was inconsistent.

Jamesh921

Name
James
I've been using Bristor's VT-14 for over a year and a half- it's pretty darn awesome.

It's a "true" 2 inch tube with a 14 inch head that will give you great dry times. You'll be amazed at how quick you get comfortable with it and how well it works.

And the price is right too.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
TI Wands are on sale today for 10% off (all wands and accessories actually) you can order from the website or call in and you get 1 ticket in our drawing for every hundred you spend. Sale ends tonight on the web and at 4 for call in orders.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For me it is between the Prochem titanium with green glide and the Green Horn with a glide.
Got one of each on the van.
I really like both. The Prochem can get under lower furniture.

I also have the Green Horn by Joe B with the adjustable angle manifold. I really don't like it. The adjustable angle is a good idea in theory, in reality it is almost impossible to adjust. Also the jet manifold is welded to the wand with some soft metal that keep bending. Really poor workmanship. A good wand for me needs to be sturdy and durable.

The price tag on a good one may be high, however, considering that you are going to make about a trillion back and forth movements with it- I'd concentrate on finding the wand that feels most comfortable &t does a good job. It will be well worth every single penny!

Got to tell you though, for dependability and indestructibility the HydraHoe is still the best. Not glamorous but cleans great and you can practically drive over it and it will keep working. It also has the best valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom