help with odor from CGD

keithk

I have a retirement community that puts an olefin glue down in there apartments. They know they are getting the cheap stuff and the installers are subcontracted. The carpet in one apartment was installed about 6 months ago. It still has a glue type smell to it. I couldn't smell it because there is a tenant in the apartment now and she had some spice smell or some thing going on. the smell was there before her. But the maintenance sup, apartment manager and the resident can smell it. The carpet retailer is just blowing them off and doesn't want to seem to deal with it. Any idea what the smell could be? Could they have used to much glue, cheap glue, etc?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Wrong glue or improper glue could be reasons for an odor, but there are many other possibilities as well.

Ventilation should help if it is due to glue not curing properly. IF a couple days of open windows / air movement does not correct the issue, I would look for sources of moisture. Many potential odor causes are associated with moisture such as in the concrete slab under the carpet.

keithk

Thanks Scott, I did ask about moisture issues and they said there are no concerns in that part of the building. So I am led to believe it's a install issue. I may try and clean it for them as long as they write off on it, not my baby..

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom