Help with removing mystery spots

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
1 of my techs came in the other day and said he had a real hard time with a bunch of spots in a clients home that just moved into the home. Said it looked like pencil lead grinded up? I immediately thought its that graphite type grease the use on swivel chairs and some recliners if you know what mean? I remember it being a really tough spot to remove but it's been a long time.

So my question is do you know what I'm describing and what works best to get it out? We have been called back because tech didn't do it right the 1st time! He tried solvent and also a basic spotter we use for body oils and such on upholstery.

If I remember I think I had luck with FSR by OSR which is for filtration build up. We do not have any FELS bars either.

Thank guys

ascrubabove

FSR and OSR are from CTI, FSR will work if the spot is what you described, some other things from CTI would work better, Power Gel and Pro Solve Gel

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
ascrubabove said:
FSR and OSR are from CTI, FSR will work if the spot is what you described, some other things from CTI would work better, Power Gel and Pro Solve Gel

Thanks. I think tech did not use the correct spotter. I think he used a gel solvent spotter instead of the power solv.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Vivers;

I would use Dynachem POG for the greasy component.

Then as Gene mentioned, DC Rust Remover for any graphite (metal) attached to the carpet fiber.

Larry

S

shellybrown

You should apply a solution made of half part of ammonia and half part of water to the unwanted stain. This area should be moist, not soaked. Dampen down a white cloth with the same solution. This process will try to generate steam consequently, it is essential the towel stays wet. Put the towel over the affect area. Cleave to 15 seconds and check the area. The color should be drained into the towel.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
A bunch of spot does not sound like a chair problem. Was it in a room used as an office?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom