Help with rotovac 360I. Water leaking

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
There is a pin hole, that looks like its suppose to be on the brass fitting next to the motor, but it shoots water out of it. Anyone know why?
IMAG0353.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It's a weep hole. You probably need to rebuild the rotary union or it just might have something stuck in it. You can take it apart and check the o-rings. You will need the spanner tool to removed the c clip. Isn't hard. We should have a rebuild kit in stock if you need one. If you don't have a water softener and use certain "rinses" it might not come a apart then it means a new rotory union. You will know immediately when you take the c clip off. If it doesn't come apart then your ordering a new one.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I just had the same thing happen to me, if Olson can't help you call Rotovac. They sell new and rebuilt unions. If you have a powerwand your not using, you can take one off of it and use it.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan

So you have to use a water softener to properly run the 360i? What type of rinses? Can you use emulsifiers that contain water conditioners/softeners in them without damaging the 361i? Do those water conditioners really work. I've got a fair amount of hard water where I am but I've used supposed chems with softening agents in them and still find a lot of hard water deposits on my tank and on my equipment.

Thanks,
Bill

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is really no different from anything else out there....if you have really hard water or run a lot of chemicals threw your system or excessive heat it will take out the o-rings...

we have to rebuild the wand valves..
sprayers...
or just about everything that we use that has o-rings...

the 360i is no exception...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom