Help with Soap Meter-First Time using

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I have been mixing chems straight in fresh water tank daily.

How do I use this soap meter?? To create that suction to draw out of stock solution? I have a foot valve on end of clear solution hose coming off of soap meter.

Are you guys using a bucket or gallon jug to mix stock solution??

And storing stock solutions on the van for future use?? And mixing stock solutions for different jobs/different deodorizers???

I've got the Dwyer soap meter and brassshut off valve on my fresh water tank.

Guy that built my TM said to create suction for that meter by partially opening valve on fresh tank. Seemed to make some draw but did not seem to be flowing well thru hose

.View attachment 1803

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1746&d=1363839451

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What on the end of that valve? If you could thread a hose barb on there I'd but a suction tube that you could use to use your vac hose to pull solution up and through. Once primed it should maintain it on it's own.

Name
Bruce
Mine works the same exact way , instead of partially opening the valve on the fresh water tank try partially closing it. I opened my valve all the way up and just started closing it a little bit at a time until I found the sweet spot.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
How do I know if it's metering/mixing right?? Should I see constant flow thru metering hose?

Needing the SIMPLE instructions to use my new meter!!! Its just not "clicking" for me how to use this thing...

Name
Bruce
1. Metering hose goes in a 5 gallon bucket
2. Get your wand hooked up (pressure line only)
3. Open needle valve one full turn ( Valve on the meter)
4. Open fresh water tank valve all the way
5. Turn on machine and set the pressure like you are going to clean carpet
6. Key the wand then start closing fresh water valve a little bit at a time.
7. You should start to see the little ball in side the meter start to move up

The Sweet Spot ( Richard, wrong spot)

The sweet spot is when you have the fresh water valve opened just enough to give you enough play with the needle valve on the meter so you can adjust it for how much GPH (Gallons Per Hour) you will need.
When you get the fresh water valve set to where you want it, mark the position somehow so you have a good idea where it should be set just in case it gets bumped.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom