Helping Newbies

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Guys,
Been busy lately, not necessarily cleaning a lot of carpets. Some restoration, but no one paying for those of course...:surprised:

Anyway, I have been helping a new cleaner get set up in my old home town. There really hasn't been much there since my parents retired from the biz. We have him all set up. He has a used butler (from Ken Snow), most of all the goodies he needs and he has us on speed dial. I know we have all helped others over the time and I have had others who have helped me. I want to say thanks to all of you. I also know that most Newbies don't feel comfortable posting so if you are reading this and have questions, feel free even to contact us via email or phone. I know myself and many others would be more than happy to give back to the industry.

Yesteday, I went to my hometown to get our new person set up. I also had a great family reunion not only with my parents, but also my little brother who I have not seen in 8 years. What a day. My dad and mom were so happpy! And to see the two of us tearing into that used Butler and my Dad just kept telling our new cleaner "you have 2 of the best cleaners with you right now". Thanks Dad!

I have also learned that there are times people make negative posts ...or what we would consider dumb :) I am glad I have held back critisism (or hope I have), because I have also been witness to seeing people change. I also have seen some of that negative posting is due to matters effecting them, and they don't realize it yet. After some of my experiences this past month, I am still hopeful for all of us.

Thank you who have helped me and any Newbies, feel free to contact me anytime. I am not all knowing, but I am sure willing to try my best at helping. My phone numbers and contact are at my website.

Have a great cleaning season everyone!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You're a good man Mark- I hope Ted loves the Butler! I appreciate the referral and regret I hadn't called to thank you already.

I feel as you it is wonderful feeling to give back and thanks for the reminder that there is a lot more benefit to positive than negative.

Ken

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mark Saiger

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Outstanding Mark !!!

Without MikeysBoard, we couldn't pull it off. No one to hold our hand here locally, we scared em all!!

Thanks for being such great sports about it guys.
Chris

Reactions: Ken Snow

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Very good post!

everyone should post, there are no stupid or unnecessary questions when someone needs help.

i as well like to help as much as I can.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
OK, Saiger, so what are you REALLY selling? :) Kinda sounds like you are angling after my job!

Steve

PS Seriously, you guys should take advantage of Mark's very sincere offer.

Mikey P

Administrator
is he on here yet Mark?

feels good to help out cleaners in need, don't it?

I know I sure appreciated it when I struck out on my own.

Reactions: GCCLee

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
is he on here yet Mark?

feels good to help out cleaners in need, don't it?

I know I sure appreciated it when I struck out on my own.

Yep still around :) Just haven't had much to say lately and just trying to get ready for a "Hopefully" busy season again. The person I am helping right now I think is really nervous about doing it correctly and I keep telling him to go to the boards to read. He also has me on speed dial and I have reassured him it is more than ok to call me. I just really appreciate the time others have given me through out the years and just felt like sharing....and saying thanks.

Have a great day everyone!

Mark

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you're one of the "good guys", Mark
and good to have you here .

Just let the rooks know a thick skin and flame retardant suit is very helpful 'round this place...:razz:

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think I might have misunsterstood Mikey. Our new guy that bought one of Ken's units is not on her yet, but I think has checked it out. I told him again yesterday to try and do some research on the boards and ask some questions. I think with some time, he will be on here.

Thanks guys. Been another long day. Nice day of carpet cleaning and a water at 7:15 am and another at 3:30 pm and another at 8 pm......time to eat my Jimmy John sandwich, get some sleep and start it all over again tomorrow.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
When I run into carpet cleaners I always try to be friendly with them and tell them about the boards. Or mikeysboard in particular.

What shocks me, is how many guys are right away aholes to another cleaner..I offer up help and advice if I can..

Also interesting how many so called "seasoned veteran" out there have no clue about the forums and the useful info that can be had.

What's nicer than helping a newbie is helping an old cleaner that thinks he knows it all yet use lameass chemicals and tools..and overall doing a hack job.. annoying when they "know it all" yet their tools look like chit. Their wand could have a cat hiding under all the built up crap.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yeah, yeah, Saiger walks on water and turns water into wine.

But can he clean carpet?
Removed a wine stain today...didn't get to drink it, walked on water quite a few days but that is because it is always frozen up here. Even cleaned a few carpets today and they paid me :) Could have just been my lucky day or they felt sorry for me having to driving through a foot of fresh snow to get to them today.

And Marty always makes me laugh.....makes for a good day :)

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey, I may need help this summer.
Can I have you guys on quick levitating/dial.

And does it mean, when I do, that you'll instantly materialize and be eager to demonstrate some elbow grease, here in our lovely city by the bay? :winky:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey, I may need help this summer.
Can I have you guys on quick levitating/dial.

And does it mean, when I do, that you'll instantly materialize and be eager to demonstrate some elbow grease, here in our lovely city by the bay? :winky:

If you can make it happen, I am there. Would love to visit! I suppose I could lend a hand since you got me there too....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mark.
You're a helpful guy and................ a shrewd business person.

P.S. My wife is from Minnesota. West part. Love the state.
Though I try to stay away in winter (for obvious reasons.)
And the spring (too damp.)
And the summer (them eagles you guys call mosquitoes.)
Love the autumn!! :winky:

Seriously. Great state.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Back
Top Bottom