Hey Cobb......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what batch number did/are you starting the new fragrance improvements to PowerMax..................??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
why..there is a lot of cleaners on here that use it and would want to know as well....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Chemical formulators:

Any manufacturer should keep a control sample of each batch and have at least rudimentary testing procedures in place to either confirm or disprove future claims.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Jim Martin said:
why..there is a lot of cleaners on here that use it and would want to know as well....

Absolutely.

I think it is his duty as a distributor to advise his customers exactly when changes will take effect to a WELL established product, so the customer can decide if they would still like to proceed with the ordering.
It's only fair.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It ticks me off when I see a poster publically discussing information that is of interest to ALL of us get berated by another for not taking it private. Live by the boards; die by the boards.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sometimes it's better to stick to a large manufacturer of chems because of consistency between batches.

Smaller companies might mix up a 55 gallon drum at a time and ship out.
Some mix it up in their garage and mistakes are made. I've known of a chem supplier who had the wrong mixture of peroxide in his chems that went out the door and compaints soon followed.

Some of the problems associated with a bad mix of chems goes back to a turn over in hiring
grocery store bagger retards. They can't handle the pressure of using the electric drill to properly dip into the 55 gallon drum and mix the chems together. Injuries have occured and turn over is high. Counting the scoops of different chems in the recipe has caused many to freak out and to be restrained. Many of the retards have difficulty operating the valve to fill gallon containers, knowing when to stop filling has sent many back to the grocery store where it's safe.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I still think they need to be made side by side for a while....

for every 45lb pail (of the old) he sends out that a custy buys he should send a 6lb with it for free to try it out.....

that way he keeps them happy, and then introduces the new stuff....

because i am sure this board and a few others make up less then 50%......but we will tell you straight up if it sux.....the others may just switch little at a time

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

We have not made any changes to the PowerMax fragrance raw materials yet.

The fragrance is NOT going to change.

The existing fragrance will just be more consistent . . .

from the time the product is received, until the container is used up.

Our mixing equipment is a 3-phase stainless steel reversible rotary spray tumbler . . .

that does ~ 1000 lbs. per batch.

It is continuously mixed for adequate distribution.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb said:
Jim;

We have not made any changes to the fragrance raw materials yet.

The fragrance is NOT going to change.

The existing fragrance will just be more consistent . . .

from the time the product is received, until the container is used up.

Our mixing equipment is a 3-phase stainless steel reversible rotary spray tumbler . . .

that does ~ 1000 lbs. per batch.

It is continuously mixed for adequate distribution.

Larry

I got my new pail in the beginning of the week...when I opened the box I noticed the lid was not about to explode off of it like I am use to seeing...so you can understand from all the past experiences that red flags started flying....

my first job with it was a pretty dirty one....I mixed some up the same way as I have for years and once my guy was set up and started cleaning I was out at the truck doing some things...not really paying much mind what was going on inside.....after the job was done and we were going to the next one he asked me what I put in the mix...because it had cleaned better then he had ever seen it....

so for a few days I was paying closer attention to it and even backed off on the mix a bit...and he was right...out of all the years I have been using this stuff...this pail is one of the best I have ever opened...

This is why I asked...because if you did make the change..then something you did worked better...
sad to think that it is possible that it was just another screw up that actually went in the right direction and it will never happen again...

I am going to get you the batch number when I get done today and if you have another pail really close to it..put my name on it and I will have Tia order it in....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Maybe it's just me but I don't notice much of a difference in a lot of pre-sprays since I use an rx. The agitation seems to make up for a less then stellar prespray. Exception would be grease or if something is really trashed.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

The pail you recently received has our new absorbent powder builder.

As I said before, one of our raw materials was not absorbing the liquid additives.

This was an import material from large national distributor, which had given us good results in the past,

but suddenly, did not perform the absorption properly.

Our raw material testing has shown this new powder builder to have superior absorption.

I'm glad you noticed the "best cleaning performance" you have seen.

I also think you will also like the durability improvements to the fragrance in the future.

Larry

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I doubt very much he recieves more than a small percentage of his business from message boards. Did you know he private labels for some national franchises? Just selling to every operator of a 1 national franchise would eclipse the small number of members that frequent this and every other message board. Honestly if I was him I wouldn't even come here. Some of you guys beat him up badly.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
BEAT UP OR NOT.....

better then 90% of the comments are TRUE.....

i would rather have that, then someone saying yea yea i like it....then switching else where....

if my custys pulled that (and the few that have) it pisses me off.....

tell me whats up and let me fix it, if i have made a mistake...

if not and your just being a douche.....then ACE OFF

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim puts a lot of effort and time into the carpet cleaning bulletin boards (not just this one).

That is why I value his comments !

Direct feedback from customers gives us an advantage . . .

in formulating the Dynachem product line.

We want to give the customer the cleaning partnership that benefits both parties.

Many raw materials used in our industry now are imported.

That requires more incoming quality control than ever before.

Now, if I can convince Jim of the benefits of the new fragrance ingredients. 8)

Larry

Back
Top Bottom