Hey goobs! What does this do on my prochem upholstery tool

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That little silver thing that spins. ???

778A02E0-326D-4BF6-9C44-9895FD870EE2.jpeg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes there is. How hot do you like to clean with? I liked it so hot I wore rubber gloves. Some people don't like cleaning that hot, so you dial it to your preference.

Most cleaners trigger off and on as they clean. This will keep the hot water from ever getting to the fabric. With the bypass you get the heat to whatever temp you like consistently.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yes there is. How hot do you like to clean with? I liked it so hot I wore rubber gloves. Some people don't like cleaning that hot, so you dial it to your preference.

Most cleaners trigger off and on as they clean. This will keep the hot water from ever getting to the fabric. With the bypass you get the heat to whatever temp you like consistently.
I’m gonna need to experiment with that feature. I always triggered off and on and the tool gets so hot, sometimes it’s hard to hold the Handle. If this bypass makes it hotter than that, I’ll just leave it off.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Is that all? Dang. I was hoping it was a pressure adjuster. This isn't an amtex wand. There's no need for that

By creating internal flow, which keeps your available heat flowing to the fabric, it does reduce pressure to the face of the fabric. As you loosen it, you will notice reduced flow from the jet.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
By creating internal flow, which keeps your available heat flowing to the fabric, it does reduce pressure to the face of the fabric. As you loosen it, you will notice reduced flow from the jet.
Makes sense. So, if I"m doing a job with carpet and upholstery, could I leave the pressure set at 550, and just open the bypass halfway when I get to the upholstery?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What's next?

A Pile Lifter?

Dufus.
Just because it's not a "new on the shelf" tool, doesn't mean it's not new to me. I don't have the luxury to getting all the new tools to test. So, yes. If I get an ancient pile lifter...I'm gonna ask questions to Goobers like you. And I expect to be harassed. So keep it up. It keeps my mind sharp.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Makes sense. So, if I"m doing a job with carpet and upholstery, could I leave the pressure set at 550, and just open the bypass halfway when I get to the upholstery?

Yes. You can take the pressure down fairly low. Watch the stem and stop when you see the o ring, then back it in until you can't see it. That will have you at a pressure that is fairly safe for anything but the more delicate pieces.

I used that tool and taught with it for many years before the advent of "dry tools".

Use the usual cautions on white natural fiber fabrics and things that might not be colorfast. Get a glide for it and you're less likely to permanently distort velvets and chenille.

One last thing:

If you DON'T back the stem back in when you see the o ring, plan to be cursing and searching the room after the pressure blows the stem out of the valve and into oblivion.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You'll get tired of using that heavy tool way before you're done, but it will work great for you.

Using them reminds me of using unglided, stainless steel wands back in the 70s through the 90s: You didn't know how hard you were working because you never had anything easier to use.

Save up your money and get an Upholstery Pro when you can. But in the meantime, that tool with a glide will do you a lot of good.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It increases and decreases flow.

The more flow the hotter the water.

But yes when you decrease flow it bypasses more so the machine doesn’t overheat

SamIam

Name
sam miller
That's the majority of my upholstery jobs. I needed a second tool for this mega church I do with 900+ chairs. I did that job with just one tool last year and I learned my lesson.
Shoot I just gave away an upholstery pro for a $100 if I liked you I would’ve sent it to you. Hahahahahaha

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And to think that Richard's hardy, well developed, industrial strength wrists (thanks PC for that), are now used solely for dusting!

Breaks one's heart.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom