Hey Jim Martin

Mikey P

Administrator
should be the sweet spot on every truckmount that uses a positive displacement blower, regardless of blower size right Adam?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just bought a ThermalWave and want to know what you run your lift at? They set it at 12 at JonDon.

I run both the thermalwave and the 570 at 11.......I have never ran the thermalwave on high.........medium has everything that I need.....every carpet is just slightly damp when we are done...we are not going to get no more out of them then that...so there is no since in me pushing them any higher......

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
11" is too low for a high-performance TM . . .

From a quick look at the manual,

I think it is 13"

(which is still too low IMO).

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Set it at 11 the first day that I got it with no problems for over 2 years...saves on my fuel and everything else...

got the 570 and set it the same way....why would I want to run it any higher then that if I don't need to...???

Able 1

Name
Keith
Set it at 11 the first day that I got it with no problems for over 2 years...saves on my fuel and everything else...

got the 570 and set it the same way....why would I want to run it any higher then that if I don't need to...???

If your going to set it that low why not just buy a smaller TM you would save even more gas..

Maybe it's' all you need in dry air Arizona, but in Seattle with multiple techs running you rigs, not sure I would agree...

I personally would go with 15, that's where I run mine at..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You also get more airflow less lockdown and less fatigue. Less lift also, with holed glides and dripods and fans it still drys fast.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

you live in a warmer dry climate

I ran mine at 14, probably get a little better heat and heat recovery

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you live in a warmer dry climate

I ran mine at 14, probably get a little better heat and heat recovery

correct...I live in a lot dryer climate....so that helps a ton....and at 11.....I can hold 210/220 while I am cleaning.....most homes I am dropping 100 foot of hose before I am entering the front door....so the larger machines and being able to set them lower is a great balance for me.....then having a smaller one and having to max it out to get the same thing......

and I will open another can of worms......where I sit at sea level makes a difference also.....
and before someone jumps all over it...your flow is not effected...just the vacuum.........

Last edited:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Living in Hell or other words AZ. can help any cleaner dry carpet fast. I couldn't believe how fast the carpets dry with little effort in AZ. Every blower manufacture that came to Blueline told me blowers are built to run hard. A blower will last much longer if its ran hard all day than if its under driven. The blower rep cringed when he saw a low and med. setting on the machine. He claimed that it would last much longer if ran at 80% -90% of max.
To all guys living other than Outer Darkness setting your machine at 14 is the best. IMO

Just a little jab to the AZ. guys. Many people like it there. I just thought it was the worst place on earth. To each his own. i know people that hate Idaho so home is what you make it i guess.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The blower rep cringed when he saw a low and med. setting on the machine. He claimed that it would last much longer if ran at 80% -90% of max.

That's interesting ..I've never heard that before .
I DO know that a blower is BY FAR the most bullet proof component on every TM I've owned .
Keep oil in gear box and a squirt of grease in the bearings every now and then ..and they last forever

We're at 14HG and wind 'em up past 3000 RPM (45 blower)
when we ran a 47 for a few years, i think we ran in the 2600 rpm range

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
As a total mechanical ignoramus I am curious.
I have a diesel Apex and it is set at 13, yet the gas Apex is set at 14.

At the shop they told me that trying to increase the water lift will damage the machine.

Why the difference between gas and diesel?
Why would it damage the machine if increased?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
As a total mechanical ignoramus I am curious.
I have a diesel Apex and it is set at 13, yet the gas Apex is set at 14.

At the shop they told me that trying to increase the water lift will damage the machine.

Why the difference between gas and diesel?
Why would it damage the machine if increased?

Why the hell would you only be getting a maximum of 13" hg from a modern TM ???

That is ridiculously low for a high performance machine.

What kind of misguided engineers would offer that ??

Larry

P.S. The factory blower engineers like high RPM's for better cooling.

Reactions: Able 1 and Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Why the hell would you only be getting a maximum of 13" hg from a modern TM ???

That is ridiculously low for a high performance machine.

What kind of misguided engineers would offer that ??

Larry

P.S. The factory blower engineers like high RPM's for better cooling.

Hey Larry, Good question.
I don't know.

But they claim to be "number 1 for a reason."
And to much brouhaha, from management here, they started advertising on this very board.

Maybe they can respond or John Olson.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Living in Hell or other words AZ. can help any cleaner dry carpet fast. I couldn't believe how fast the carpets dry with little effort in AZ. Every blower manufacture that came to Blueline told me blowers are built to run hard. A blower will last much longer if its ran hard all day than if its under driven. The blower rep cringed when he saw a low and med. setting on the machine. He claimed that it would last much longer if ran at 80% -90% of max.
To all guys living other than Outer Darkness setting your machine at 14 is the best. IMO

Just a little jab to the AZ. guys. Many people like it there. I just thought it was the worst place on earth. To each his own. i know people that hate Idaho so home is what you make it i guess.

people will believe anything they are told if they don't know any better....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
people will believe anything they are told if they don't know any better....

So if you know more than the guys that engineered the blowers and have delt with 1000s of them over the years.....please enlighten us.
I just told you what they said.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So if you know more than the guys that engineered the blowers and have delt with 1000s of them over the years.....please enlighten us.
I just told you what they said.

I am not saying that I know more then anyone...but there is no reason what so ever to max these things out if you don't need to......has anyone actually proven this to you........you worked for Blueline...you yourself have said many times it is a great machine.....think about all those thermalwaves still out there today running....making money...with those settings.........it has not hurt a single one...........whats that telling you...............????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom