Hey Jim, My filter keeps plugging

John Watson

Last night we learned something new about our Pool filter with the Knee High.

When cleaning tile and grout my thinking was that all should pass through being the Oxy Blaster seemed to be disolving everything with the hot water being sucked up.

Thought the job was a piece of cake, Fast food rest. dining room, the only reason we were called was when they redid part of the restrooms they had to replace a few tiles and re grout some areas that were previously damaged. this place has a Black epoxy grout so should clean up good and easy right??????

BS, 2 1/2 hr job took Helen and I, 4 flippen Hrs.

Knee highs plugged in 20 minutes, ended up just using the mesh filter with out the nylon..

The only black grout was what they just replaced. the orriginal color was brown......Think the installers would hav cought it, Dumb assesd me ASS U MEd saw the new black grout when we did our walk through at the begining of the job and the owners wife made mention that she hated the black and wished it would be easy to change it but, was told by the contractor really be expensive to change.. ...Little did he know We changed most of it for .65 per sq

John Watson

We don't do alot of comm. T&G and this was the greasyest job ever. That grease sure plugged that nylon. My filter housing has to be in line for us to be able to get vac. One end is 2 1/2 that is permamently hooked to a 10' hose direct to the waste tank. The cap end has a male cool cuff 2" adapter which our vac hose attaches.

On previous res. jobs I never experienced this. so from now on we just will use the strainer or run with the housing MT..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I was talking with a cleaner in town here that just got into T&G and advised him NOT to overpromise T&G cleaning, especially in resturants. Do inspections on different areas of the tile, especially the greasy areas, before pricing.

I use the nylon filter right in the tank basket.

John Watson

Be careful of it plugging, Even with it being super hot the nylon stocking mesh is to fine for the grease.

Damn, you think I would have known that before hand, In the early 80's, Back home in Alaska, we did 1/4 million per yr just in Sewer back ups. All the sewer lines are above the perma frost and the least little bit of grease catches and builds and you get every bodys shit that liveds upline from you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom