Hey Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You might want to stop telling your Piranha members to put photos of themselves in all their advertisements if they look like this blowme :

1211069-image-10-06-10.png

Also, If you tell them to wear a sports coat, you gots to tell them not to wear it over a T-shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
:roll: I’m just sick of the sleazy marketing tactics form our local Piranha wanker. Lisa has allot of nerve to complain about the IICRC.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Hey look who it is mike , its none other than doctor evil. I bet customers really want that creep alone in the house with their wife. That pirahna marketing is some cheeseball shit.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
ACE said:
You might want to stop telling your Piranha members to put photos of themselves in all their advertisements if they look like this blowme :

1211069-image-10-06-10.png

Also, If you tell them to wear a sports coat, you gots to tell them not to wear it over a T-shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Just because no one wants to see a photo of you doesn't mean other people won't have success with it.

I'm sure your momma still loves you though... I mean, truly, what's not to love?

Lisa

P.S. Happy Father's Day! Or... if by chance you are not a Father (I really don't know...) - then Happy Ken Snow's Birthday!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I think some trades do better with picture advertising than others. Realtor.....yes. Carpet cleaner ....not so much. I mean come one whats next, piranha marketing with a greasy auto mechanic pic in his ad? I am all for marketing but I am trying to establish my business as a team while posting a picture on a carpet cleaning ad in my opinion only promotes the individual. If I was gonna do a pic I think standing infront of a couple company vehicles along with my team might have more of a positive impact. As juvenile as it may sound if you post a bad pic of your self or look strange it may ward off potential customers. I dont know all the ins and outs of piranha marketing but I am not crazy about any marketing campaign whos core starts with discrediting its competitors. This is not much differant than the chem dry strategy. I think selling someone on why they should choose you instead of not choosing someone else i always best.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
To paraphrase a prominent sporting group..................

If it works,

just do it.

In advertising, as with your work, you can please some of the people, some of the time,

But you can't please everyone, everytime.

Cameron1

Lol... I just love the one truck marketing guru 's whoo have all the answers and know it all opinions.

I have made millions because of mr. Joe and ms. Lisa.... Mostly because I put my personal opinions and self doubts behind me and took a leap of faith. Thank God I did not listen to the nay Sayers and the one truck guru's who know everything .

Any lame Brain numb nuts should be able to keep one truck busy 24/7 . Try taking it up a level and running a real company with real employees .

Bob Foster

I completely disagree about drawing the differences in expectation of appearance based on your profession. We are in the appearance business!

The me pictures are changing to my new work colors as well as being pressed perfectly. But here's a peak of a draft of what will be going live soon.

frontpage-1.jpg

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
steve said:
Lol... I just love the one truck marketing guru 's whoo have all the answers and know it all opinions.

I have made millions because of mr. Joe and ms. Lisa.... Mostly because I put my personal opinions and self doubts behind me and took a leap of faith. Thank God I did not listen to the nay Sayers and the one truck guru's who know everything .

Any lame Brain numb nuts should be able to keep one truck busy 24/7 . Try taking it up a level and running a real company with real employees .
I dont think that having employees makes you a success. I think success for an owner is in the eye of the beholder. Some of the most hard up and financialy struggling businesses out there are the ones with "real employees"" because they have "real overhead expenses" and "real headaches to go along with them". I say that there can be success for the contractor or small firm where they have advantages that some bigger companies may not. I think that depending on the situation an indaviduals success should be set by that person and not the outside world

Cameron1

juniorc82 said:
steve said:

I dont think that having employees makes you a success. I think success for an owner is in the eye of the beholder. Some of the most hard up and financialy struggling businesses out there are the ones with "real employees"" because they have "real overhead expenses" and "real headaches to go along with them". I say that there can be success for the contractor or etsmall firm where they have advantages that some bigger companies may not. I think that
depending on the situation an indaviduals success should be set by that person and not the outside world

So true"........but don't try to tell every one else about marketing. There is a lot to be said about staying low profile and making a huge stack. I see the benefits of both ways

I'm just saying that running a multi truck operation takes a different mind set, and Joe and Lisa helped me to see the difference.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
steve said:
juniorc82 said:
steve said:

I dont think that having employees makes you a success. I think success for an owner is in the eye of the beholder. Some of the most hard up and financialy struggling businesses out there are the ones with "real employees"" because they have "real overhead expenses" and "real headaches to go along with them". I say that there can be success for the contractor or etsmall firm where they have advantages that some bigger companies may not. I think that
depending on the situation an indaviduals success should be set by that person and not the outside world

So true"........but don't try to tell every one else about marketing. There is a lot to be said about staying low profile and making a huge stack. I see the benefits of both ways

I'm just saying that running a multi truck operation takes a different mind set, and Joe and Lisa helped me to see the difference.
I agree totaly. I know that while there are fundamentals to marketing , consistancy can be more important than content in some cases. I am just not a fan of putting the pics in advertising. I am starting to sound like a real brian robinson

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ken Snow said:
LOL- thanks Lisa!

Why are people so consumed with what other people are doing, or need to knock it down?

Well... because they don't have any jobs booked, are angry, and need to take it out on someone. So why not me? I mean... I'd rather have them vent at me than kick their dog.

By the way, family photos tend to do better than individual head shots. Unless you married your cousin - then those kids photos aren't too great to use.

Lisa

Bob Foster

Getting rid of the babies on carpets pictures. My pictures are temporary place-setters.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
As a CONSUMER as well as a CC 'er, I will bypass any ad that uses pictures of the owner or his kids and family. We have a local window company in which the owner and his wife sit behind a plate a cookies and tell the camera what great deals they have today. He must have some Pirana training....he changes his ads and prices almost every other day. There is also a couple of CC competitors in town that use pic's of themselves. Talk about "vanity".

I think that's "hoakie". No owners...no babies, no pets....I won't even consider them to do business with.

But that's me....maybe pictures impress buyers.......

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
You are not in the demo Robert. One of the most important (and earliest) marketing lessons I learned was to not think about what I would or wouldn't like, but rather figure out what my prospect would like.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I pay attention to guys like Bryan "The Great Oz" , Ken and Steve here.
and i rarely get into anything marketing or biz running related...cause i suck at both

BUT.....

Junior has pointed the one part that's always stuck in my craw about some gold digging programs

"but I am not crazy about any marketing campaign whos core starts with discrediting its competitors. This is not much differant than the chem dry strategy"

I don't GAF if it works or not, it's fcking SLIMY...PERIOD

..L.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
meAt said:
I pay attention to guys like Bryan "The Great Oz" , Ken and Steve here.
and i rarely get into anything marketing or biz running related...cause i suck at both

BUT.....

Junior has pointed the one part that's always stuck in my craw about some gold digging programs

"but I am not crazy about any marketing campaign whos core starts with discrediting its competitors. This is not much differant than the chem dry strategy"

I don't GAF if it works or not, it's fcking SLIMY...PERIOD

..L.T.A.

Im glad someone agrees with me. Its carpet cleaning not open heart surgery . There is no need to bash every other contractor to put yourself ahead. I hate when the chemdry ads plant a seed in consumers brains that if they use another company their floor will be a moldy and mildew mess. I mean common this piranha member has almost a whole page of jiberish why you shouldnt have anyone else clean your carpet. I dont think turning your prospects into a nervous wreck is the best marketing approach......oh wait but the creepy lex luther wanabee in the sport coat and tee shirt can be your saving grace! Common you can definately put out some pretty aggressive marketing that doesnt discredit everyone else in the process. I have good relationships with several of my local competitors and get referals from many of them . I would kiss that good bye if I did a marketing campaign like this

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I have no comment on the Lex Luther thing or the guys pic in his ad.
i don't care one way or another on that

I think you're on the right track with the negative marketing though .

There's good marketing and scumbag marketing .
problem is, negative/scumbag marketing works .

Look at the political ads ...the overwhelming majority of them are scumbag marketing techniques..cause they work.

never the less, the way i see it, anyone that sells or uses that type of marketing is a money grubbing "anything for a buck" pus filled scumbag

..L.T.A.

Bob Foster

I agree Larry and also any inference that possibly the competition is bad. Like "the questions you should ask before hiring a carpet cleaner".

Tired, worn-out, stupid over-done, bs, koolaid-poisoned rhetoric but, hey, keep doing it if you're in my area...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Like "the questions you should ask before hiring a carpet cleaner".

honestly, Bob, i don't have a problem with that.
(depending on how leading or deceptive the questions, obviously)

To me that could be similar to a prospect asking why XYZ cleaner charges 1/2 as much as you.
It's appropriate to suggest the prospect ask;

" do they vac, do they charge extra for spots or dirty carpet, do they use approved chems, are they insured, etc"

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Trashing the competition by implying incompetence is a proven a marketing method BUT, I don’t think it’s the best plan for long term growth. Most of the companies that I see relying on these tact’s have huge advertising budgets and low operating budgets this leads to low customer retention rates. They have built up a high expectation level, charged top dollar but deliver average service at best. I see companies that have been in business for 20 years, demand top dollar, have attracted tens of thousands of new customers and are still little more than owner ops. If you really want to be the best in this industry, it’s damn expensive and even if you charge top dollar, you’re not going to be able to invest 20%+ into sleazy advertising and see much growth. Look at Chem-Lie, most of their franchises are struggling to retain market share because all their money goes into BS advertising. I see a RED FLAG when a well established company advertising budget is disproportionately larger than their market share.

I could pull the plug on all advertising today and always have more than enough work to keep me busy because, I delver excellent service. My company would never grow much beyond a O/O if I did this but it would be better then always having to churn new customers. I personally don’t understand the idea of casting doubts on the whole industry to position yourself as an expert.

Thank You Joe and Lisa for bringing the industry down a notch.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
meAt said:
Bob Foster said:
Like "the questions you should ask before hiring a carpet cleaner".

honestly, Bob, i don't have a problem with that.
(depending on how leading or deceptive the questions, obviously)

To me that could be similar to a prospect asking why XYZ cleaner charges 1/2 as much as you.
It's appropriate to suggest the prospect ask;

" do they vac, do they charge extra for spots or dirty carpet, do they use approved chems, are they insured, etc.

..L.T.A.

How do you feel about this:?

Attention!
Before you call any carpet cleaning company listen to this FREE consumer awareness message! Learn 6 costly misconceptions about carpet cleaning and 7 questions to ask any carpet cleaner before inviting them into your home Call 555-5555

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
How would you have any idea what another companies advertising budget is? And how dis Lisa get brought int'l this topic? She is always telling me to raise my prices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Ken Snow said:
How would you have any idea what another companies advertising budget is? And how dis Lisa get brought int'l this topic? She is always telling me to raise my prices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Because I have an idea of the cost of full page yellow page ads, direct mail and other forms of advertising.

You’re company is a good example of one that has grown because it delivers great value for your customer’s dollar, not my casting doubts on your industry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom