Hey loser Bill Martins I have a challenge for you

Dave Rampage

You say you get the carpet dry in one hour with your crappy machine or dry by the time you leave with fans. Time to be a man of your word and not an Internet idiot.

i will fly to DC at my expense. Watch you clean ( not olefin or poly). If you have it as dry as it was before you started I will pay you $5,000.00. You must pre spray with a hydra force and use at least 500 psi. I will bring my delmhorst BD8 moisture meter.

if you do not achieve dry by the meter you will pay me $5,000.00 plus travel for me and my 3 man crew.

The deal goes two ways. Have 5,000.00 cash in hand and you can watch my team deliver what we promise and I will even let you use my meter if you wish. Be prepared to hand the cash over when we are done cleaning because we do this daily.

dave

Dave Rampage

Art,

I'm not upset at all. Just calling a spade a spade. It's easy for an idiot to give an opinion and hold someone back from learning because they think the guy knows something. I would be happy to take a couple days off and go pick up 5 grand or have a ride a long and get an extra 5 grand.

Old billy boy is the loser here. If he lets me show up at his place, he loses. If he comes to mine he loses and if he ignores this everyone knows he is an Internet loser and loses again.

this will be fun to see which losing proposition he takes. I'm sure this will be fun reading on our long weekend.

dave

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You say you get the carpet dry in one hour with your crappy machine or dry by the time you leave with fans. Time to be a man of your word and not an Internet idiot.

i will fly to DC at my expense. Watch you clean ( not olefin or poly). If you have it as dry as it was before you started I will pay you $5,000.00. You must pre spray with a hydra force and use at least 500 psi. I will bring my delmhorst BD8 moisture meter.

if you do not achieve dry by the meter you will pay me $5,000.00 plus travel for me and my 3 man crew.

The deal goes two ways. Have 5,000.00 cash in hand and you can watch my team deliver what we promise and I will even let you use my meter if you wish. Be prepared to hand the cash over when we are done cleaning because we do this daily.

dave

I don't know what machine Bill is using but its possible to do the same with a smaller machine too....I'm sorry but you don't need a $100k set up to achieve that.... He may go slower and spend more time drypassing and running airmovers longer but its absolutely doable.....

Dave its pointless to get into something so dumb as "i'll travel there and show you mofo"

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Waldo,

Don't you know it. Been there.

Zee,

My truck wasn't close to $100,000.00

Sorry I should have said V/AT.

But seriously why would you make such a bet? I mean bill could have you come to "his" place only to send you to the worst part of the town two cities away from where he really is....and when you find out he f-ed you and you spent your hard earned money......who would be a loser? And now if you really look for him and show up to collect your expenses, he can call the cops on you, or claim some type of harrasment or whatever...

You can't consider an internet bb bet to be taken completely serious.

Ben Mickley

Name
Ben
Yeah we work together Richard. I'm in charge of drying and I can honestly say that drying carpets is hard enough with an aerotech. I don't know how any other carpet cleaning machine with less suction could get carpets dry in the time we do unless of course it's a polyester carpet or they use a spray bottle for their prespray.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Everyones definition of dry is different. Most homeowners are going to consider slightly damp as dry. Yet a meter or thermal will show it still has moisture. The reality is does it really matter? If they can put it back into use I think most homeowners will be satisfied.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the reality of this is that anyone with any type of machine can achieve great dry times.........its all in how you set it up and make sure that all your tools are in balance with your equipment.....

I get the exact same dry times with my thermalwave that I got with my Vortex.......but I had to relearn my machine and change my tools around to balance with it.........

you can run a high flow wand with a vortex......but give that same wand to a smaller truckmount or portable...you just flooded your carpet and killed your heat......take that same wand and jet it down to a lower flow...you just increased your heat and improved your dry times.....and you will get the same cleaning...........

Big blowers are the thing of the past unless you do a lot of big commercial jobs and duel wand...........

I just set up a machine for a guy last weekend....he took it in because of loss of heat and his carpets were not as dry as he was use to.....they were talking about pulling the thing apart and replacing this and that..the dollar signs were just adding up...he brought it over to me and I looked at it and could not find anything wrong....looked at his tools and they were way off for what it was running...balanced them out to his machine and he got a hold of me the middle of last week saying it is working perfect.....

Yeah we work together Richard. I'm in charge of drying and I can honestly say that drying carpets is hard enough with an aerotech
link1.gif
. I don't know how any other carpet cleaning machine with less suction could get carpets dry in the time we do unless of course it's a polyester carpet or they use a spray bottle for their prespray.

taking you are in a humid area......something that you might want to try....I don't know what flow you are running but it might be helpful to lower it down some....seeing the machine that you have you will also find that you will have to drop your heat a bit or it will get out of control....this may make your job drying carpets a little easier.....

Reactions: cu
Name
Andy McFadden
Bill has a #45 blower, and cleans higher end residential , not supper dirty, ( I don't know why he has to pre spray a 500 psi, I do mine at 250 psi, )

any hew the point is, I don't think an hour dry under those conditions is unreasonable with the placement of fans,

I do concede , dry to the touch might be different then dry by meter, I think most of us consider a carpet dry when it feels dry?

aside from that, why are you upset with Bill? did I miss the thread were you two locked horns ?

Scott Rampage

Name
Scott Rampage
Mr. Mcfadden most carpets even if they look clean are still soiled the purpose of the prespray is to loosen the soil and hold it in suspention so that you can remove it with the extraction process.

Name
Andy McFadden
Thank you, but I understand the purpose of pre spray, I just didn't get why the challenge had to be at 500 psi prespray? I normally run mine at 250 . Bill may run his lower or higher as a mater of his particular routine.

BTW, You are a polite respectful young man, your dad should be proud. (Mr. McFadden and all,) Please you can call me Andy and speak with me as you would a friend,

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave forgets that Bill is in DC. There is so much hot air in Washington that 1 hour dry times should be no problem at all.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Bill is no "loser" in any respect.

Threads like this illustrate a need for both courtesy and good mental health that may be lacking.
Thanks Lee. God, on this most sad and solemn day on the Mikeyboard it does bring levity to read this Rampage post how he is the best cleaner in the world with his 15 y/o helpers getting carpets to dry in one hour using 500 psi prespray and everyone else drools. We can only dream to be as great as Dave Rampage. LOL

Reactions: Zee and FB7777

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks Lee. God, on this most sad and solemn day on the Mikeyboard it does bring levity to read this Rampage post how he is the best cleaner in the world with his 15 y/o helpers getting carpets to dry in one hour using 500 psi prespray and everyone else drools. We can only dream to be as great as Dave Rampage. LOL

I believe Ken would have gotten a great chuckle from this thread..

As he booked 250 jobs in one day full of customers content with 24 hour drying

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom