Hey loser Bill Martins I have a challenge for you

Name
Andy McFadden
Some one clue me in, what sparked this challenge ? Dave you might want to rethink calling Bill a loser, have you seen the guy? a Large power full man to say the least, maybe send a by proxy to dc , don't know if you want to be on the truck with an angry giant.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thank you, but I understand the purpose of pre spray, I just didn't get why the challenge had to be at 500 psi prespray? I normally run mine at 250 . Bill may run his lower or higher as a mater of his particular routine.

You're right, Andy. It has NOTHING to do with PSI.
It's the amount applied that makes the difference ..and believe it or not, the type/brand of pre-spray can make some difference too

haven't a clue what Dave is talking about with psi..not sure he does either.
cause one can spray down a gal RTU pr 200sf with a pump-up or HF
hell, a 60psi electric sprayer will put down close to gal pr minute with a well worn 06 jet.
i bucket tested my Multi Sprayer once and it put out a gal 70 seconds

Time to be a man of your word and not an Internet idiot.

speaking of....:oldrolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
You're right, Andy. It has NOTHING to do with PSI.
It's the amount applied that makes the difference ..and believe it or not, the type/brand of pre-spray can make some difference too

haven't a clue what Dave is talking about with psi..not sure he does either.
cause one can spray down a gal RTU pr 200sf with a pump-up or HF
hell, a 60psi electric sprayer will put down close to gal pr minute with a well worn 06 jet.
i bucket tested my Multi Sprayer once and it put out a gal 70 seconds

speaking of....:oldrolleyes:

..L.T.A.

I think the psi could make a difference in drying times... If you run 6 flow but high psi that could penetrate deeper immediately and maybe causing the drying to be harder. Or if you run higher flow but less psi, you maybe using more water but the wand lip being right there sucking up most of the water not allowing the pressure to push down deeper.

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Where do I go for the refund of the 3 minutes of my reading this bullshit? Let's ALL meet at the airport in Vancouver so I don't have to travel?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think the psi could make a difference in drying times... If you run 6 flow but high psi that could penetrate deeper immediately and maybe causing the drying to be harder. Or if you run higher flow but less psi, you maybe using more water but the wand lip being right there sucking up most of the water not allowing the pressure to push down deeper.

I understand all that, Zee

but the 500psi reference Andy was referring to, and I was responding to, was Dave's comment on pre-spray

Here's what Penelope said

. You must pre spray with a hydra force and use at least 500 psi.

..L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I understand all that, Zee

but the 500psi reference Andy was referring to, and I was responding to, was Dave's comment on pre-spray

Here's what Penelope said

..L.T.A.

I know Larr, I was just talking about the cleaning happening at 500psi...

The way I read that sentence was "using a hydroforce, and the cleaning to be performed at least 500psi"...

I don't know why Dave got so worked up over this.....its plain dumb. Many other guys can achieve the same or nearly same results.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
its plain dumb. Many other guys can achieve the same or nearly same results.

OH GEEEZE...now the big fat retard is going to call YOU a looser and challenge you to a $5000 bet:dejection:

now if i can get Dave to offer a $5K bet on some El Presedente drills, I'll take it..with what ever pistol he wants to use .
I'll leave him enough gas money to get home

But if this about cleaning carpet and moving a half dozen fans around a room...who gives a chit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZAfrRB2A8U

..L.T.A.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I believe Ken would have gotten a great chuckle from this thread..

As he booked 250 jobs in one day full of customers content with 24 hour drying

Because the internet breeds a special kind of penis measuring. It has been since I have been on message boards starting in 1998-1999.

You can work on booking more jobs or you can work on figuring who has the driest carpet.

Sure, quality work is important...there is nothing wrong with getting carpet dry. It seems smarter to figure out what customers want and give them that.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Hey Dave since you are calling people out(I do not know the history) I have a money challenge for you. I guarantee my system gets them cleaner on EVERY JOB than you and DRYER FASTER

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think we all have different ways of cleaning, any of us that care about our customers,and our biz are going to do what makes them happy with our service. I can see the plus to leaving the carpet dry when you leave,if you can get the money you deserve to get it dry when you leave,and you have the customers that are willing to pay you for it than yes I think it is great. But it is going to take a while to build a company due to the fact that most people are not going to pay anymore than they have to.
You will need top end clients the kind that pay 500.00 for a pair of Hermes socks or 1500.00 for a "H" belt buckle. They are out there it just takes a lot to find them.
I clean for PM and every once in a while they get into a bind and need a carpet dry as fast as possible, a while back one forgot to call me for a job and they had moving truck waiting. When I got there I asked what was coming off truck first. This would tell me what room I needed to start in first. Brought a crap load of fans,warmed up my little Legend, presprayed as light as possible pre scrubbed with my little vac and set my shear to its max, as soon as I could start putting fans I did. Pretty good size house for my area 1800 sf of carpet took about 2.5 - 3.5 hours but the carpet was dry when I left except closets. I made very good money but the average customer here in my area is VERY VERY happy with 2-4 hr dry times as most cleaners here are around 8 - 24 hours.
You have to weigh what you will really be making trying to do this level of cleaning, we all want to think we are the best,and want to separate ourselves from our competition so if Dave feels that by doing this it makes him the best then that is great, but most cleaners if they tried to do this would go broke due to not getting enough money for the service,and not enough high end clients that would want it.
Everyone would be happy if I dried there carpets but I don't think many would be willing to pay me for it when they are already very happy with the quality I provide and the dry times they are getting.
Just my cent. No disrespect towards Dave for what he is doing

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I live in Arizona. I prespray at 500 psi and wave my wand at the carpet and it is all dry in an hour. Cuz ..... it's a dry heat.

Reactions: Lance Golden

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
You say you get the carpet dry in one hour with your crappy machine or dry by the time you leave with fans. Time to be a man of your word and not an Internet idiot.

i will fly to DC at my expense. Watch you clean ( not olefin or poly). If you have it as dry as it was before you started I will pay you $5,000.00. You must pre spray with a hydra force and use at least 500 psi. I will bring my delmhorst BD8 moisture meter.

if you do not achieve dry by the meter you will pay me $5,000.00 plus travel for me and my 3 man crew.

The deal goes two ways. Have 5,000.00 cash in hand and you can watch my team deliver what we promise and I will even let you use my meter if you wish. Be prepared to hand the cash over when we are done cleaning because we do this daily.

dave

So I remember some movie with a guy betting he could hit a golf ball farther. Turned out he hit it on a paved road and it bounced and bounced for a very long way.

So I will take this bet if you want and you can pick any of my three machines to use.

I will back the truck right up to the door, use only 50 feet of hose. Test will be done on 17oz nylon carpet. I will use a 3 jet turned up to 600 psi to overdeliver. As a bonus I will even pre-scrub the carpet because I always do. I will even perform two cleaning passes for extra cleaning. Then I will perform about 10 dry passes (you never mentioned how many of those were allowed). As a bonus the house mentioned has both ac and a wall heater (house will be about 90f and ac running strong) House also has a ceiling fan.

My point is that in a perfect environment the carpets can dry very quickly even without a v or at. This is a very silly challenge and really hasn't made him out to look stupid, but it has made a person look silly

tngvegas

Dave, you don't have to get upset just because someone disaggrees with you. If ur business is doing good and your having fun then doesn't that matter the most? Maybe you are sensitive now more because of the divorce....can't blame you there. I bet that was a hard thing to go thru.

Bill sounds like a good guy from his posts and I dont think he meant any harm. There are alot of experienced cleaners here with alot of opinions of how to do good work. Them chiming in is what make this a great board to get lots of good info.

And when you get mad, just appreciate that you have a great family and a great business. Some of us don't have that yet.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I have not been able to respond as I have been very busy growing my company, and I was in Vegas for Labor day weekend when this thread was created.

Before you "call me out", take a deep breath and understand that the World does not evolve around you, everyone does things their own way and not one way is right.

I'm not sure where you got the idea my TM is a POS? Because I don't own an AT? I was responsible for 2 Aerotech deals last month - one was an used one and another a new one.

I know you advertise that you will dry the carpets before you leave...that's great for your business, but it's not mine. Drying before we leave is not in my business plan or advertisements. We can dry carpets quick, and it's not only the truckmount, my system is "pimped" up to the T to deliver.

BD8 is ancient, I only use a Navigator Pro ($1200 retail) in conjuction w/ my Vaisala HMP48 Themohygrometer) ($900 retail), I also have a Flir i7 $2000 thermal image camera, they work great in conjunction (Don't get sensitive and start another chest pumping challenge thread).

I know a lot more about you and your business than you think, not sure what made you get pissy w/ me...You should really think twice before calling people an internet idiot, loser, and "man up", certain people may take that the wrong way.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinL

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
If he comes to mine he loses and if he ignores this everyone knows he is an Internet loser and loses again.
I don't know anything about the back story going on here and I don't know the players involved either....But what I do know is that whoever wins or loses this challenge when I click off this thread I won't give a Rat's Ass about it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well...you got your work cut out for you, don't you?

Please get back to me ASAP, as with the current board regime, there's no doubt we can auction it :winky:.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah we work together Richard. I'm in charge of drying and I can honestly say that drying carpets is hard enough with an aerotech. I don't know how any other carpet cleaning machine with less suction could get carpets dry in the time we do unless of course it's a polyester carpet or they use a spray bottle for their prespray.

In charge for dying?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I was mowing the front pasture Sunday and a rat ran away from me, ass and all. So if you need a rats ass I guess I could get you one.
:p

Are you planning to shoot the rat? If yes,- based on your shooting accuracy being a public record,- Ofer may be waiting for a long time for said rat's ass to arrive.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom