Hey Porty Hacks

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL No worries Brian. I tell a lot of folks to look on KSL.com (local tv station website that has a classified section) and craigslist. The number one problem with that around here is they have usually been left in the garage all winter and are now froze. Freeze a portable and it is almost cheaper to buy a new one then to buy it and then replace everything.

People that actually shop with us know we are here and will be here to help them make as much money as possible. To do that we HAVE to be profitable so we can keep our doors open.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Ofer Kolton":5fpkyne6]

If only John (from Mytee) will change those cheap screws that hold the machine together to latches it will be great.

What were you thinking John L. ?!?? :p :p

Hi Ofer,

Are you talking about the latch in the back of the machine, the metal bracket that attaches the solution tank to the base? I'll have something new at Pro-Line's CAD day in Sept. that you inspired. See you than.[/quote:5fpkyne6]
Yes John, that is the one! Only it is connected with screws.
And every other Wednesday when I have to find the loosened screw somewhere in my van, I think of you. Fondly, of course :p
The machine though, is great.
See you at Proline.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

SB drop ships most of their stuff. No inventory/demo involved.
I have dealt with them a lot and never had an issue.
I honestly believe you to be one of the most knowledgeable people on this board regarding equipment, chemicals, and techniques, but you gotta see that they obviously sell enough of them at that price, to MAYBE get a LITTLE better deal on them than you, as opposed to "some new math". Your smarter than that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Nobody knows anyone elses margin on things, nor what their overhead is. Lot's of people have thought and/or publicly stated over the years that we can't make money at our prices. They can choose to believe that all they want.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ken Snow said:
Nobody knows anyone elses margin on things, nor what their overhead is. Lot's of people have thought and/or publicly stated over the years that we can't make money at our prices. They can choose to believe that all they want.
We always thought you were a non profit ken :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ken Snow said:
LOL- I lose $20 a job, but make it up in volume :mrgreen:
If you multiply two negatives, they become a positive.
Besides, the rumor here is that you sell them life insurance and a bagel.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm telling you....Lipstick and lip liner....work on your best features...don't try to make up for the others.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I disappointed in Brian for wus'n out. thathurts

Your thoughts???
Commercial glue down right? I'd buy an Orbot for the really soiled areas and a Cimex for the moderately soiled areas.

You'll be more productive and the carpet will actully look better.

EncapCleaning.jpg

IMG_20110501_085920.jpg

GCP

i agree...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Art Kelley said:
Ok...last thing...get or make a toolbox sized demand pump...6 lbs... like this

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

This one puts out 170 psi...approx..$300

Who wants to build me one of these?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Willy P said:
http://www.kleenritemfg.com/products/heatrite/index.html

Half of you guys don't know shit about heating up a pot of tea, let alone a porty. Get the Heatrite 2 and send me a big thank you. The whiners will soon be whinging about 2 more cords.
HOWEVER
Once you feel how hot and how long it sustains the heat, you'll be wanting to KMA.

You're just an angry person aren't you? :lol:

Wanna talk about it? !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jeremy N said:
[quote="Art Kelley":337n9q9y]

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

Who wants to build me one of these?[/quote:337n9q9y]

Where is it drawing from? A 5 gallon jug? ?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jeremy N said:
[quote="Art Kelley":23zeh0uc]

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

Who wants to build me one of these? [/quote:23zeh0uc]
You could ask Odin. He built that for the late DevilThomas to go with his dual cord RotoVac CFX pod (2 3 stage vacs). Seems like the perfect porty system for occasional use. 38 pound vacuum pod and 6 pound pump. Also be good to keep in your TM in case it went down and you just needed to finish the job.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Brian R said:
[Where is it drawing from? A 5 gallon jug? ?

You could draw from a jug or a bucket, but it is meant to be hooked to a faucet. Then you would have a continous supply of water and the CFX pumps the waste to the drain, also continously.

The 1003dx is a good strong porty. I disagree about being able to lift it by your self, I think you'll still want a ramp. It's not always easy to be on 2 20 amps. I blew circuts allot even when I was sure I had 20 amps. I got kinda paranoid and started useing it with out the heat. You might consider the mytee rl105, has the same power as m5 and also auto fill , dump. But it is MUCH lighter.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Brian R":3pi8ccdm][Where is it drawing from? A 5 gallon jug? ?

You could draw from a jug or a bucket, but it is meant to be hooked to a faucet. Then you would have a continous supply of water and the CFX pumps the waste to the drain, also continously.[/quote:3pi8ccdm]

I was considering hooking my sprayer up from a faucet straight to the pump that I have as a booster. I guess as long as the volume is there it would work.

Wasn't sure if the air in the line would screw things up etc.

So it will work like that?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Brian R said:
[quote="Willy P":26pjnwjz]http://www.kleenritemfg.com/products/heatrite/index.html

Half of you guys don't know shit about heating up a pot of tea, let alone a porty. Get the Heatrite 2 and send me a big thank you. The whiners will soon be whinging about 2 more cords.
HOWEVER
Once you feel how hot and how long it sustains the heat, you'll be wanting to KMA.

You're just an angry person aren't you? :lol:

Wanna talk about it? !gotcha![/quote:26pjnwjz]

There's no anger and nothing to talk about- I know exactly what I'm talking about. I've spent thousands fiddling with many things and I've been doing this for 30 plus years. Now run along and get back to your paper route.

Bob Foster

Padden McFadden said:
The 1003dx is a good strong porty. I disagree about being able to lift it by your self, I think you'll still want a ramp. It's not always easy to be on 2 20 amps. I blew circuts allot even when I was sure I had 20 amps. I got kinda paranoid and started useing it with out the heat. You might consider the mytee rl105, has the same power as m5 and also auto fill , dump. But it is MUCH lighter.

The auto stuff adds a lot of weight.

Having no heat has not been a problem for me so far.

If you are loading a 1003/5 type chassis into a van you don't actually have to lift it into the van. You tip it on to its back wheels and put the front wheels into the van first then lift the back-end up and roll it the rest of the way in. It's easy. But with a M5 you really need a ramp because it's that much heavier.

But when you have to climb a set of stairs with a 1005/3 you have to be very careful. With a M5 you really should have a helper or spotter to do it.

randy

Name
Randy
Art Kelley said:
For a portable I think DevilThomas had the best idea: get a rotovac CFX pod and a pump from Terry. Here's what Thomas said aboit it:Rotovac stuff is kind of Pricey....look for lightly used Rotovac equipment on ebay and craigslist...you can save thousands of dollars.

I got my used 360 with carpet and carpet brush head for $1300...28 lbs
I got my new duel cord CFX power pod from Rotovac for $1733...40 lbs...

If blowing breakers is a problem you can go with single cord CFX ...but it only sucks about half as hard as duel cord.

Best places to plug in extractor... washer plugin, kitchen plugin, bathroom plugin. You can plugin power wands in any room you are working...they only draw about 5 amps.

Rotovac original ...cleans great...but very slow.
Rotovac 360....cleans good... much faster than original.

Both power wands tend to be super soakers...adjust water flow and make "dry" passes.

Get a 175 rotary, or OP machine and scrub your prespray in...your carpet will be beautiful...

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

I'm thinking that a guy could skip the CFX power pod and go with the Mytee air hog instead. You would have better filtration and save $1,000. Also the CFX is sold with the primus of just hooking the rotovac 360 up to the faucet like a steamin demon so why would you really need the pump box if you have decent water pressure in your area to feed the 360 ?

Maybe I'm missing something but the Airhog seems like a far superior unit than the CFX and $1,700 is a bunch of money for a vac box and pump out.

Comments and suggestions please .

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
randy said:
[This one puts out 170 psi...approx..$300
I'm thinking that a guy could skip the CFX power pod and go with the Mytee air hog instead. You would have better filtration and save $1,000. Also the CFX is sold with the primus of just hooking the rotovac 360 up to the faucet like a steamin demon so why would you really need the pump box if you have decent water pressure in your area to feed the 360 ?

Maybe I'm missing something but the Airhog seems like a far superior unit than the CFX and $1,700 is a bunch of money for a vac box and pump out.

[/quote]

The CFX power pod can be ordered with 2 three stage vacuum motors and has a pump out (dual electrical cords). That's more power than the Air Hog's dual two stages. As for hooking to a faucet (which I did for 12 years with my porty starting in the 70's), you would have to deal with psi of between 30 and 100, which is not only low but can be VERY slow. Having a consistant 170 psi would be fabio.

Name
John LaBarbera
randy said:
Art Kelley said:
For a portable I think DevilThomas had the best idea: get a rotovac CFX pod and a pump from Terry. Here's what Thomas said aboit it:Rotovac stuff is kind of Pricey....look for lightly used Rotovac equipment on ebay and craigslist...you can save thousands of dollars.

If blowing breakers is a problem you can go with single cord CFX ...but it only sucks about half as hard as duel cord.

Best places to plug in extractor... washer plugin, kitchen plugin, bathroom plugin. You can plugin power wands in any room you are working...they only draw about 5 amps.

Both power wands tend to be super soakers...adjust water flow and make "dry" passes.

Get a 175 rotary, or OP machine and scrub your prespray in...your carpet will be beautiful...

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

Mytee is working on a dual three stage vac Air Hog. The current one is a single three stage 144"/115 cfm. Our Water Hog is a tri-plex General pump with adjustable 50-1000 psi. 2-2 gpm. Very quiet operation.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
randy said:
[quote="Art Kelley":19gr3dtd]For a portable I think DevilThomas had the best idea: get a rotovac CFX pod and a pump from Terry. Here's what Thomas said aboit it:Rotovac stuff is kind of Pricey....look for lightly used Rotovac equipment on ebay and craigslist...you can save thousands of dollars.

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

Mytee is working on a dual three stage vac Air Hog. The current one is a single three stage 144"/115 cfm. Our Water Hog is a tri-plex General pump with adjustable 50-1000 psi. 2-2 gpm. Very quiet operation.[/quote:19gr3dtd]

Any update on the Willybeest John?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom