Hey Porty Hacks

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
randy said:
[quote="Art Kelley":19e7j64p]For a portable I think DevilThomas had the best idea: get a rotovac CFX pod and a pump from Terry. Here's what Thomas said aboit it:Rotovac stuff is kind of Pricey....look for lightly used Rotovac equipment on ebay and craigslist...you can save thousands of dollars.

I got my used 360 with carpet and carpet brush head for $1300...28 lbs
I got my new duel cord CFX power pod from Rotovac for $1733...40 lbs...

If blowing breakers is a problem you can go with single cord CFX ...but it only sucks about half as hard as duel cord.

Best places to plug in extractor... washer plugin, kitchen plugin, bathroom plugin. You can plugin power wands in any room you are working...they only draw about 5 amps.

Rotovac original ...cleans great...but very slow.
Rotovac 360....cleans good... much faster than original.

Both power wands tend to be super soakers...adjust water flow and make "dry" passes.

Get a 175 rotary, or OP machine and scrub your prespray in...your carpet will be beautiful...

Ok...last thing...get or make a toolbox sized demand pump...6 lbs... like this

squirtbox001.jpg

squirtbox002.jpg

This one puts out 170 psi...approx..$300

I'm thinking that a guy could skip the CFX power pod and go with the Mytee air hog instead. You would have better filtration and save $1,000. Also the CFX is sold with the primus of just hooking the rotovac 360 up to the faucet like a steamin demon so why would you really need the pump box if you have decent water pressure in your area to feed the 360 ?

Maybe I'm missing something but the Airhog seems like a far superior unit than the CFX and $1,700 is a bunch of money for a vac box and pump out.

Comments and suggestions please .

Mytee is working on a dual three stage vac Air Hog. The current one is a single three stage 144"/115 cfm. Our Water Hog is a tri-plex General pump with adjustable 50-1000 psi. 2-2 gpm. Very quiet operation.[/quote:19e7j64p]

Any update on the Willybeest John?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My time off dance card is full as I'm going up north for some lodge carpet cleaning/ float plane fishing for a friend, going to the Okanogan Valley for a week or so and going to my native Nova Scotia. As well, I'm looking at doing a few distribution things. Oh yeah, the Omega flood tool is close.And training some new staff. And the annual fishing trip with my sons.
But if it's what I think you could have done close to my suggestions, then you're about to raise the bar to a new level. Good to see someone with the ears in the on position.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John LaBarbera said:
Hi Willy,

Are you going to Las Vegas Connection show? I'll have something to show you there.

Sorry, John.
That sounds indecent.
We need some censorship here, Mike :p

Where is the moral majority when we need them?

Name
Damon
It's a dual 3-stage which is pretty powerful for a non-circuit breaking porty - especially if you're using a short hose run. Most Mytee machines are dual 3-stage as well. Though not sure if they are using the same vac motors, etc.

I would ditch the huge docking station though and just buy the CFX ala cart.

The idea the other dude posted about an Air Hog with a home made demand pump is awesome though.

Mytee just needs to re-invent the CFX and do it right.

Brian R said:
I like the way this one is set up but it could be a little more powerful.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can you buy the little CFX part alone?....That would be ideal for what I would use it for.

The 250PSI pump is what I was referring too....I suppose it could be upgraded??

I would use the thing mostly for tile if I did get it.

kevinj61

Ofer Kolton said:
Fred, I have both the M5 and the 1005DX.
Both are good machines. No difference in performance.

For the occasional portable job, if one person needs to lift it (no ramp/no elevator) the M5 is too big/heavy and cumbersome to lift. The 1005DX is better but still a drag (it is not just the weight, its is the position it forces your body to lift which is the problem- Call my chiropractor, she'll explain).

That little extra power that the 1005DX has over the 1003DX is worth it. It is one powerful portable. I never use the automatic fill and pump out. And portables with heat will always trip the circuit or compromise suction or force you to use three cords- not worth it!

Don't get the 200 PSI , not strong enough, you'll really like the 0-500 PSI pump, it is great.
No need to go to 25" hose. I use the 50 " 2 inch hose and the suction is phenomenal. That way you can use your 50" lead hose from the van.

If only John (from Mytee) will change those cheap screws that hold the machine together to latches it will be great.

What were you thinking John L. ?!?? :p :p

I use and love my mytee M5 which is my 2nd porty 1st time around i was hung up on heat so got a porty with heat, sold it after a month, there are other ways to get heat if needed-personally i'd rather have the better suction- I use a dodge grand caravan getting the M5 in & out thru one of the side doors is a piece of cake and i'm 50yrs old and a small guy at only 140 pounds up and down stairs is another story but i can do it if i have to, however M5 has great suction and have never had to take it upstairs in any home, just add another 25ft section of house for a total of 50ft still great suction-this is the reason i went for better suction then a porty with internal heat--just my opion--work smarter not harder

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom