Hey you Restoration guys, or anyone for that matter

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I have a client that has a pos little dog that urinates in the same place about a 1 foot by 12 foot area of his formal dining room, so I go there about every 3 months or so and clean it up, treat it, spray with Odercide 210, he gives me a nice tip and I'm on my way. Well this morning the guy shows me where the little mutt has started going in one corner of his hardwood off the master bedroom. There is a urine / whitesh area where the urine has dried but left behind it's mark. What can a lowly carpet cleaner do to try to take care of this for him. The hardwood has not turned black yet so I am assuming that it's just started happening.

I've already ask him to shoot the dog or just let me suck it up in the vacuum hose, but it belongs to his little girl and every time she comes to spend the weekend or whatever this happens.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's bound to be a problem eventually.

Is the white discoloration of the finish from the moisture or is it uric salts dried on top of the wood?

It's what even can run between the boards that I'd have more concern with. You can wipe the surface down pretty well since it has a finish on it but getting urine down beneath where it can be absorbed by the unfinished wood could be a much more serious problem.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Nothing you can do other than replacing those pallets (if you can find a match), once you find a match b4 install, needs to be cleaned, subfloor sealed, you than have to resand the entire area. If you just resand the floor the way it is, there's a 95% chance the dog will pee on that spot again.

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom