High Flow psi, max

Please answer this for me? Today when doing a restaurant with my greenhorn. I had the psi at 750. At that psi , I filled my 210 butler waste tank within 3.5 hours. Grennie can you tell me at what psi its overkill. I dumped out, started back to work, this time I turned the psi down to 650. I saw no noticeable difference in the cleaning results. It looked like I could of cleaned at even higher psi if I wanted too. With the 2.5 hose and the hybrid glide is there no ceiling on where you set the psi levels on commercial carpets. No issue with dry times, I'm just curious what you think. I think after 650 psi with 15 flow, it might be overkill. Ron

Name
Jesse
What color water did you dump? If it's sludge then same psi or higher. If it's toward the cleaner side then your rinsing it well enough and drop or maintain the same.

I don't think you can know for sure before hand in all situations. If it's a restaurant then your probably not over doing it. Sometimes we clean @ 1000 psi and 18 or 24 flow.

Rex Tyus

I mostly agree, except I would add it is a good idea to verify from time to time you are not wetting the backing. Even with a greenhorn 750 and up is really pushing it. You can't verify on the CGD that you are currently cleaning. However during those times you run across a loose piece of simular carpet spot check it. Just a thought.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
"Visual Verification"

I've cleaned a lot that you can't tell it's clean by looking at it. A few I couldn't figure out why they had me there till I started cleaning. My rx has a clear tube that let's me know when it's clean. I can't do that with a wand. Guess I'm still a rookie. One day I'll cut my wand in half and put a piece of clear tube in the middle.

Albert

Name
Jesse
Jim Martin said:
why are you cleaning with such a high psi...............

The speed with which one can extract gross filth, it's not for every job but it does have it's place for me.

I think large jets reduce penetration,I have the jets on our wands strike right at the bottom of the glide.

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
why are you cleaning with such a high psi...............

Bacause they can Jim.

The GH wand has low impact jets (110º @ a 45º angle) it requires at least 400 psi to really work well, but on the flip side, depending on carpet type and density, you can clean at twice that, get good agitation and not over wet.
Rex's comments should be repeated, it IS always good to check and inspect and not be a cowboy. I have had more than one clean at 1000 psi on a thick pile carpet, but you won't hear me promote that number, I'd bump the jet size before I did that.

Next best is the Titanium wand with it's 30º angled manifolds, with the same jets and extenders/checkvalves you can clean at higher pressures than people think, it's just a little more sensitive, I'd probably hold it at 600 psi unless I inspected and was sure the backing wasn't getting wet.

DISCLAIMER: The above assumes you are using a Glide and a 2" tubed wand, hooked to a TM.

Greenie

To more specifically answer my friend Ron, assuming your Butler shuts off at 90%, you had 189 gal in there, you averaged 54 gph of extracted waste, that is 9/10 of a gal per min. It's actually NOT that much water assuming you had a heavy trigger cycle (more wet than dry passes), so if it's gettin her done, stay with it, nobody is coming behind you and rinsing those rugs any better.

As for the 650psi downgrade, I'm with Jess e, if the place isn't trashed, might as well turn down the pressure, you don't need the additional agitation or flow.
Would be a good test, next month clean 1/2 at 500 and 1/2 at 750 and see which cleans faster, looks better etc...also note time and rough sq. footage done on each, I suspect the 750 psi will be faster and just as dry.

ALL THIS WITH A #4 BLOWER?

lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If I'm not mistaken it takes quadruple the psi to double the flow...is that right greenie?

The only difference with pressure for me between 600 and 700 psi was carpet distortion. Greenie got me to a number 2 jet for more flow and I am continually at 650 psi with no distortion and still awesome dry times.

Oh and it cleans well also.

:mrgreen:

Greenie

Sounds good to me, I'm just a carpet cleaner, but yes I would say you would have to crank pressure pretty high to truely double the flow. For most guys if they can jsut increase flow 25% they will be miles ahead of what jetting came with their TM wand.

And it's important to state, not every wand design can turn up the pressure without distortion.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
steve frasier said:
I would rather turn it down a little and pull a little slower, the faster you go the less you will pull out

Does that make anyone else horny?
Just me?
Nevermind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom