High HG truckmounts better?

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I have a low mileage Chevy express sitting after my Everest was stolen out of it and I replaced it with a complete unit (butler)

Lately I’ve been needing another unit

I am looking for a 45 or 47 blower machine

The steamaction machines seem nice and even though I said I wouldn’t buy one because I heard half the story of a problem a customer had I would now knowing they did make it right

My buddy bought one with the 6008 blower and says it’s insane and he cleans mostly on idle and he says it makes his Everest hp seem weak he tells me he loves it and would buy another unit from them

So my question is a similar size blower ran around 13-14 hg vs steamaction 16-18hg what will be the difference as far as dry times and performance

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
A
I have a low mileage Chevy express sitting after my Everest was stolen out of it and I replaced it with a complete unit (butler)

Lately I’ve been needing another unit

I am looking for a 45 or 47 blower machine

The steamaction machines seem nice and even though I said I wouldn’t buy one because I heard half the story of a problem a customer had I would now knowing they did make it right

My buddy bought one with the 6008 blower and says it’s insane and he cleans mostly on idle and he says it makes his Everest hp seem weak he tells me he loves it and would buy another unit from them

So my question is a similar size blower ran around 13-14 hg vs steamaction 16-18hg what will be the difference as far as dry times and performance
Where do you live?
Southern California but I have a kick ass mechanic he would want me to buy a Hydramaster but I can’t get the titan in California

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A

Southern California but I have a kick ass mechanic he would want me to buy a Hydramaster but I can’t get the titan in California
For some stupid reason, the Titan is designed to be set at only 12hg. That's too low, and they have no response to why they preach that.
1. Either the blower belts are too small to handle the stress of 14-15hg or
2. The aluminum is a weak gauge on the waste tank and is subject to caving in.

Keep that in mind. I'm certain your mechanic knows his stuff on working with these machines. But he knows very little on cleaning performance during a job

Mikey P

Administrator
So would a 47 blower set at 17hg be a night a day difference compare to 47 at 14

When you mature as a professional cleaner, you'll (hopefully) learn there are far more important things than getting carpet to appear drier than the competition's results by five minutes.

A quite machine is wonderful for your ears and the customers.

240 degree water is a fn pita that melts skin, lawns and fibers.

One more scoop of pre-spray and or 5 more minutes of dwell time gets you the same effect.

Fill up your van with a giant unit and you have no room left over to store tools and supplies that allow you to make more money than the few minutes you saved ever could.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
And don't forget to limit yourself to really small jobs.

Got a $3k job on the 2nd. I better eat my Wheaties.

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've gone from a Vortex to a DXT with a 5.9 blower to now a SS 370.
Bigger machines require Bigger vans and have increased operating costs and parking issues.

However, I do miss how much faster the bigger machines cleaned.
Maybe I have the correct setup for my advanced age.🤷‍♂️

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
When you mature as a professional cleaner, you'll (hopefully) learn there are far more important things than getting carpet to appear drier than the competition's results by five minutes.

A quite machine is wonderful for your ears and the customers.

240 degree water is a fn pita that melts skin, lawns and fibers.

One more scoop of pre-spray and or 5 more minutes of dwell time gets you the same effect.

Fill up your van with a giant unit and you have no room left over to store tools and supplies that allow you to make more money than the few minutes you saved ever could.
I bet you wear white new balances with socks pulled up high

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I fail to see the point of cranking up the inches of lift. When you look at blower specs, the higher the lift, the less CFM. Bigger blowers generate more CFM. That's what moves the water through hoses and dries the carpets. Once you go past 12-13 inches of lift, you are just making it more difficult to move the wand. It may feel like you have more suction but at the expense of your airflow. I'm willing to bet that on the same machine, using it at 13 inches or using it at 18 inches, will get you the same drying times.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I fail to see the point of cranking up the inches of lift. When you look at blower specs, the higher the lift, the less CFM. Bigger blowers generate more CFM. That's what moves the water through hoses and dries the carpets. Once you go past 12-13 inches of lift, you are just making it more difficult to move the wand. It may feel like you have more suction but at the expense of your airflow. I'm willing to bet that on the same machine, using it at 13 inches or using it at 18 inches, will get you the same drying times.
True and not true

Example. When you hook up a wand to 200ft of hose BEFORE it starts cleaning…it’s already up to 13hg.

So if the relief gauge is set at 12-13, then the vacuum will be killed when the wand hits the carpet and fills the hose with water

That’s why it’s important to have it set 14-15

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With that in mind, I don’t see a need for 18hg

But I’ve never wanded at 18, so my opinion isn’t accurate on that

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
True and not true

Example. When you hook up a wand to 200ft of hose BEFORE it starts cleaning…it’s already up to 13hg.

So if the relief gauge is set at 12-13, then the vacuum will be killed when the wand hits the carpet and fills the hose with water

That’s why it’s important to have it set 14-15
WRONG, guys are getting lock down at 13-14 inches. How much more so at 18? When you wand locks down, you are not moving any air or water until you break the seal.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ugh! Are you in the mood to argue?

Hook up your wand and lay it down and go look at your gauge. You’ll see I’m right. Now go set it at 12 and see how quiet your wand gets while you’re cleaning.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ugh! Are you in the mood to argue?

Hook up your wand and lay it down and go look at your gauge. You’ll see I’m right. Now go set it at 12 and see how quiet your wand gets while you’re cleaning.
I think you must have a blockage or something. On my cds I get around 6 inches connected to a 1.5 inch wand, which is normal for most of these types of truck mounts. Sealing the end of the hose gives about 13 inches before the vacuum relief pops off. I could set it higher but that just increases wear on all of the drive components.

PXL_20220623_233333974.jpg

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I think you must have a blockage or something. On my cds I get around 6 inches connected to a 1.5 inch wand, which is normal for most of these types of truck mounts. Sealing the end of the hose gives about 13 inches before the vacuum relief pops off. I could set it higher but that just increases wear on all of the drive components.

View attachment 116133
I don’t think mine sits that low with a wand hooked up I think I’m around 10

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We should have everybody check their truck mount and post the results. Hook up 75 feet of hose to a 1.5 inch wand and see what you get.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

View attachment 116133
Dude, if you’re only reading 6 with 150-200ft of hose hooked to a wand, either your gauge is bad, or your blower is weak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom