Hiring Telemarketers

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Has anyone ever hired someone to make phone calls (Cold calling) for your business? If so how did it work out for you and what did you pay them? I met someone (mother in law of a friend) who claims they have done this type of work in the past and did very well at it. She says she wants 25% of each job she books for me. Seems a little high. But I can tell from talking to her she would probably be pretty good at it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If that is all you will pay her for that may not be a bad deal. Run some numbers and see what it looks like. Also clarify that this would be new customers, not calling your existing customers to re-book them. If you paid someone $10.00 an hour and they only booked 3 a day at 150 each you would pay $80 for 450.00 worth of work or 17.77% play with the numbers an see what you think. Worse case scenerio you try it for a bit and stop or renegotiate.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When I had my telemarketing room of 10 people.( 20 years ago) We paid min wage. Plus, a bonus for each job book. (WE have a lot of fun bonuses.) You have put in place a way that you don't call the prospects that are on the Do Not Call List. If you call one it could result in a $10,000.00 fine per call. You also have to train the callers and develop your scrip / answers to objections and some simple closes. IMHO: People Now a days are not that keen into telemarketing calls and most phone numbers are not available , Especially your good prospects because they only have cell phones. You could use it for Commercial only. Then you don't have to worry about the DO Not Call List. But, with Commercial calls are just part of the marketing. You also need mailings and on site visits.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Dave, I think you'd have much more success with commercial that residential.

Although you'd have to go though a process, she most likely would not book many jobs directly, she would be getting names, trying to book demo's and setting up appointments, mailing out letters of intro.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
x3

The first person we hired actually but they cold call for estimates and other marketing tasks. Virtually impossible to telemarket residential today with dnc list and cell phones.
We started him at $12 hour

Back
Top Bottom