Holy Shit! Help Needed!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Fans - take lots of fans. Get it dry quick.

Since most of it is portables. Probably have a guy or two running around with a 175 and bonnets hitting any bad areas or spills in advance of HWE. Limit the wicking.

Sub out the tough areas to Harper.... eat shit!

I would offer to bust out the HOSS on it, but have been waiting over 2 weeks for a part. mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
Fans - take lots of fans. Get it dry quick.

Since most of it is portables. Probably have a guy or two running around with a 175 and bonnets hitting any bad areas or spills in advance of HWE. Limit the wicking.

Sub out the tough areas to Harper.... eat shit!

I would offer to bust out the HOSS on it, but have been waiting over 2 weeks for a part. mam, thats for the basic steam clean only..

I got a extra one PM me your address and I will send it to you.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Never done any huge jobs like that...(think 21,000sf ??? is the biggest we've done)
but know how to coordinate and make production happen.

you didn't describe the soil conditions or carpet type...so I'll ASSume it's moderate to light soil in most areas and maybe a 1/4 or less of it worse than that

min of 2 men for every machine or your quality (if that makes much difference to you :lol: ) and production times will go straight to hell after 3-5 hours.

800sf pr hour and more is very doable w/2 men crews
make it 2.3 men pr machine , and I'd expect no less than 800sf..
best crews will do 1500+ in the minimal soil open areas

the .3 (point three) crewmen will vac, assist managing hoses/bucket brigade , goffer, project coordinators/facilitators ..wherever and/or however they're need to facilitate the smooth and orderly flow of production

Get some flatbed truck dollys (like used at Home Depot/Lowes) for the porty bucket brigade.
One man delivering and staging fresh water in areas, and taking waste water out.
One Gunga Din can service several crews with a couple flatbeds

on long TM hose runs, cut hose lengths loose as length needed decreases and get 'em laid out/staged in another area for when the wand gets there

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
LMAO.... :lol:

You guys are hillarious... :!:

Someone talks about a big job...And you guys PULL YOUR SKIRTS UP...like lil school girls... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..
FIRST....If a guy was capable of doing this type of Sq. footage...He certainly wouldn't be asking how to PERFORM it... KMA!

I wish Gregg the best...BUT...This is a HUGE case of "MOUTH OVERLOADING ASS"....It aint gonna happen.... :idea: This will be a TOTAL "cLuStErHumP"...he will be LUCKY to just lose his Labor & chemical on this job... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

When a job of this size is specked- out the way Gregg describes... :idea: You can BET YOUR ASS..
there is a factory rep. involved... :!: THERE IS A REASON....they did NOT balk @ the price.... LIKE!

The DEAD GIVE AWAY..."other than cleaning specs"...Is the UNREALISTIC time line... I've seen Jimmy naked
This job "more than likely"....will be in litigation...BEFORE IT DRIES... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

NEVER THE LESS....."Good Luck"....I wish you the best....BUT greed has a way of BITING you in the ASS..... :!:

PS,,,Someone "bookmark this thread".....because it is VERY likely....you will NEVER hear another word about IT.... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

dday

At .17 per square, why not sub it out to a company that is actually qualified and capable of getting it done? Pay the pros .09 and you pocket an unencumbered .08 less salesman's commission.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
This job "more than likely"....will be in litigation...BEFORE IT DRIES

seeing how his Cowboys can't HWE berber due to call backs, I don't reckon they do much better on CGD

so i figure a best case scenario is..
Most of it will be wet for 3 days
half of it will look like a gawd awful mess
40% of it might be acceptable
10% might be good

and i don't wear panties when dressed in a skirt

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Those are fair EXPECTIONS.... LIKE!

Of course we don't have enough INFO on this contract...."BUTT"

If it is NEW...and if a the mill is trying to deal with a warranty issue...BIG PROBLEM

The bigger problem is if..?
The carpet has been cleaned with HOST...or a eNCrAPP...process.... I've seen Jimmy naked

PORTABLE cleaning ....will turn it into a big .."mUDD pUddLe".... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

The BIGGER problem is...If this salesman has promised them the WORLD..."Just to get the commission"..... KMA!

Maybe Mr.Cole...will enlighten us with more details..?

We would NOT touch this job for less than .30 a sq. ft. .....Too much work ? To little TIME... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
If it was a warranty issue...? The Mill would pay much more than .17 sq ft....

I doubt it is a school..."Bid Process"..No salesman required....

What ever it is...?
There is NOT enough time to get it done..Considering the manpower & equipment at Coles disposal.

There is NOT enough profit to sub-out to another company... LIKE!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
yea Ken WTF is wrong wit these guys.........i did the Oakland Co road commision offices...
about the same size......@ .12...........
took three trucks two days....
paid upon completion.............!

purly "splash an' dash................

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
Not sure why you say any of that. I could make a profit on this at 1/2 ths price and have many times.

You also have 10 Butler's with 2 man crews to knock it out... :idea:

We also have a DIFFERENT opinion of what PROFIT is.... LIKE!

My trucks won't crank.....for less than.10 sq.ft. "PROFIT"... :!:

We don't clean to stay busy.... eat shit!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Jesus. I'll come down and do the damn thing myself. I'll give Greg the 28% finder's fee.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At .17, I could make a ton of money but few pay that kind of rate.

We once had a railroad pay us .26 and even prepaid months in advance to spend the money before year end. Of course it was a bitch months later to clean for what felt like free.

Personally those kinds of jobs are far and few between most we clean with that kind of sq/ft are about half that rate. We clean some commercial work for as much as .65 but it's due to difficult to access and late hours and small sq/ft.

Will Greg make money or screw the pooch? It's going to depend on management, not great tech's or great chems or great machines.

How do you motivate someone to work 18-hours straight? Are you running 2-shifts? Breaks, meals? Fuel for the TM's (only a fool would try to use portables)? Do you have access to multiple entry points? (If not talk about a cluster fook) Water, dumping of waste water?

You should have spare QD's, hose cuffs, connectors, solution lines, extra wand or two, Hydroforces and some tools and teflon tape. Have the crews lined up who starts where and what section they are responsible for.

I love big jobs but as I said before if you're not at the top of your game, you'll get your ass kicked, sent home with little profit even after giving a tremendous effort.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Foghorn said:
if you're not at the top of your game, you'll get your ass kicked, sent home with little profit even after giving a tremendous effort.

LOL. At 70% of the gross (for just booking the job) Greg will do just fine no matter what. But the job is going to look like hell. 20 different subs with their thumbs up their butts with no one in charge. It's going to look like a bunch of ants on LSD. Be a good YouTube video.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Will Greg make money or screw the pooch? It's going to depend on management, not great tech's or great chems or great machines.

I agree 100% coordinators are critical
But dude...he runs an army of "porty in a Pinto" hacks that can't clean berbers

if CGD, half that place is gonna look like sheeit the next day....or rather, two-three days later when it's "almost" dry :lol:

..L.T.A.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Where did you read that ART...?

What I read is Greg is tackleing this job with his employees/subs... :?:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Portables?

Chit!

I'd almost pay to see the bucket brigade. I've seen Jimmy naked

BucketBrigade08_ws.jpg

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I don't think he is worried at all. That is not that much carpet to clean in that timeframe for the resources that greg has. The dirtiest carpet will be in the entry to the building that has truckmount access. The other carpet would be less soiled.

My belief is that greg came on here purely to gloat about this huge job he landed. The couple million a year that he coordinates with subs and different markets is much harder than coordinating this small project.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
that jobs begs for a few hi-speed buffers a bunch of bonnets and Xerion. You'd have been done early and made BANK at that price. Hell, you'd have made bank a .05.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Jesse
I tend to agree with Richard on this. Surely Greg has run large jobs before and there is no difference between knocking out 50k sf in a day or 170k except for more crews. 18Hrs is also more than I believe any of us would plan on running our crews. Plan on 10hrs and be prepared for some delays and tough areas.

Also hwe doesn't necessarily mean hwe only. As long as the carpet got a rinse he could have met his hwe obligation. We used to do a 70,000sf job twice per year. We couldn't get enough $ to hwe properly but they required a rinse. We would go in and speed rinse it. A 36" autoscrubber filled with 30gal of ps would pretreat/scrub and be chased by a tm using a 24" drag wand and a battery powered walk behind extractor. After a quick hwe we would encap/bonnet it. 5 techs, 1 shift, nbd.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
{QUOTE} We just landed a 145,000 sf carpet cleaning job! Haven't a freaking clue how to get it done in the time table provided. 18 hour window from start to finish.

EGO...can be a tErRibLe thing... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Can you imagine....a company procuring these services...with the knowledge of this self admitted
statement... I've seen Jimmy naked

JHC..Greg you are smarter than this... :!: Ask Mike to remove this thread... :idea:

F

FB7777

Largest commercial job I've done was a post construction cleanup 58,000 sq feet back in 2004

Did it on a Friday and half day on Saturday

2 trucks with 5 people

If you can assemble 8-10 truck mounts you should be able to get that square footage done no problem in an 18 hour time window ,

even if you run into equipment issues

17 cents a square is awesome, I only got 12 cents for my job

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We service jobs like this every year but never in that tight of a time frame.

The key will be preparation, you really want to map out where each team is working and give them a map showing where the water sources are, what doors to enter, what path to follow, etc. Give everyone a cheat sheet with map explaining the basics and who to call for questions.

I would also check all equipment the night before and bring some odds/ends like extension cords, plugs, quick connects etc. Nothing is more frustrating then a cord getting caught on something and you cannot fix it. Or you waste an hour of production finding everything.

Also would recommend having team 2-3 guys going around helping out and giving breaks. Some teams will fall behind or run into problem that brings job to a standstill.

For me the key is to keep the extractor going nonstop, the first guy gets far ahead and then gives a break to the guy on extractor.

and about 20 cases of energy drinks...

Cameron1

Greg....I'll be your huck-a-berry on this one. N o one can lay out a job this size better than me. Been there - done that. Just give me a call .

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
In the case of the job mentioned here, using subs with portables, I'd just give them a map with their area of responsibility sketched out. Only use the subs that agree to pay the penalties if their area is not done. They'll supervise themselves and do their own troubleshooting. If one falls behind they have to negotiate with a faster crew to get help.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Cameron1 said:
Greg....I'll be your huck-a-berry on this one. N o one can lay out a job this size better than me. Been there - done that. Just give me a call .

Steve...I wonder if the job is in Ga. or Fl. ...?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom