Home Advisor Class action lawsuit

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm surprised there wasn't a class action back when they were doing the "exact match" back when they were service magic.

They would claim/create/hijack accounts up to and including google places and insert the service magic lead number so you would be charged for people who would have found you anyway........then charged their "exact match " fee which was the highest

had to fix that clusterfook for quite a few people

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Some of the comments on youtube the customer said that they had never heard of home Advisor. That could be because Home Advisor would set up bogus websites that routed the calls back to them. Convenient Carpet Cleaning is one they set up in my area with a number that went to home advisor.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and FredC

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
What's worse is if you are a service business looking for work, it's usually a disservice to folks looking for "qualified" businesses with a poor reputation and being the worse contractors starving for business...The Home Advisor homeowner/customer gets a list of businesses to choose from that you want to scratch your head and say to yourself "who are these referrals anyway?"

Yelp does this as well...They group Tile and Grout Cleaning and Sealing Professionals in with "tile work" and "grout services" category, so if you're a paying business with Yelp you get leads you pay for work you don't even provide...I argue with them for years about the tile and grout cleaning and sealing category and they do nothing to create it...Recently they tried to add a keyword type function where you can choose your keywords...The keywords they provide are like 1 word and encompass a large general array of leads...Bogus...

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I'm surprised there wasn't a class action back when they were doing the "exact match" back when they were service magic.

They would claim/create/hijack accounts up to and including google places and insert the service magic lead number so you would be charged for people who would have found you anyway........then charged their "exact match " fee which was the highest

had to fix that clusterfook for quite a few people
There was blow back from it. I was a contractor for landscape installation on Service Magic around 2005-2008. There was a time when the leads were so good I couldnt even keep up with all of them, they had sooo much quality work coming in we were just cherry picking the jobs we could do with our skid steer. Then it just went to complete shit and all these fake leads started pouring in and all their real customers disappeared.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
People... They are all full of shat!

I believe even the flipping BBB was caught giving people who pay for listings A+, everyone else nothing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom