Home-pro spotter's safety seals...

-JB-

Name
JB
So, I'm the ONLY one who finds the safety seals really annoying? Ivebeensold

No one else finds the fact that they stick up on the inside of the lid stupid? I thought, or lemme say they are safety seals that serve NO PURPOSE! :!:

They used to stay ON THE BOTTLE, up until about two years ago, then something changed. Now EVERY time we re-order I hafta have a guy stand their for about an hour unscrewing lids using needle nose pliers to extract the seal, so Mrs. P doesn't get stuck standing over her cat yak w a bottle of "miracle" spotter, "feels like there's a liquid in there, but nothing comes out".

...and puleeeze don't suggest JD or any other stuff, I'm sure they work great, but I'm all for continuity, I've been giving/selling Home-pro since like 2000, don't feel like changing again. Cides the bottles have a much nicer appearance than the other IMPO.

I would just like to know what they changed, one dude at BP told me it's some kinda ventilated seal they hafta use cause of some off gassing issue, otherwise the bottles concave in and the lables will peel off, set off my BS meeter on that one, oh and that was right after he said he would put me through to the "President of the company", though I must admit it was a sweet move, IF I didn't know who it was already, I would have been quite impressed by that, well, IF he actually answered the call. Instead I was just left n hold like a fool for a few minutes, till the dude came back on and said "Mr. President was on another (more important) call.

But I digress....

Pet peeve. Rant done. Carry on.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Re: Home-pro spotter's safty seals...

I hate all safety seals and don't get me started on the tape that jondon wraps around gallon jugs. Hell, I hate opening snack pak puddings. Why do they make the glue stronger than the lid?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

JB - If you will send me an email or PM with your phone number and a good time to call today or tomorrow, I will have our formulator call. He is also over production and bottling for Home Pro spotter.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

If the safety seal are hard to take off. I say they are doing their job.

I'd think that the other way around would be a problem.

Unless you like leaky seals

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

I feel safer giving it to the customer with a safety seal. And they should feel safer knowing its sealed. And that we didn't mix it up in our garage. Now.... if your removing the safety seal before the customer gets it. You could be commiting a crime

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Chris A

Name
Chris

Really though, the 16 oz jon-don spot-outs are awesome, and they'll put pretty much whatever you want on them...

-JB-

Name
JB

ya'll r missing the point, the "safty seal" is not even attached to the bottle, it sticks INSIDE the cap when the cap is removed, thus making it darn near immposible for Mrs. P to undretsand why the product is not coming out, becuase no one would think that a seal that would seem to be used to SEAL the bottle would be stuck in the cap, EVERY time.

....and Scott, I've spent enough time with Jim P, Lee P, your phone girl, your phone guy, via e-mails, and calls getting the run around on this, most assuring me they would "get to the bottom of it" never to follow up, (even offering to replace for free the "problem" cases, never to do it), or giving me a bologna answer, if you want to get the REAL answer and post it here, that would be fine, but I'm not wasting anymore effort looking for lies or mis-information, thanks anyway.

Ivebeensold isn't that my phone number right at the bottom of this post ? Hmmmmmm?

PCCN

JB said:
ya'll r missing the point, the "safty seal" is not even attached to the bottle, it sticks INSIDE the cap when the cap is removed, thus making it darn near immposible for Mrs. P to undretsand why the product is not coming out, becuase no one would think that a seal that would seem to be used to SEAL the bottle would be stuck in the cap, EVERY time.

....and Scott, I've spent enough time with Jim P, Lee P, your phone girl, your phone guy, via e-mails, and calls getting the run around on this, most assuring me they would "get to the bottom of it" never to follow up, (even offering to replace for free the "problem" cases, never to do it), or giving me a bologna answer, if you want to get the REAL answer and post it here, that would be fine, but I'm not wasting anymore effort looking for lies or mis-information, thanks anyway.

Ivebeensold isn't that my phone number right at the bottom of this post ? Hmmmmmm?

Quick fix. I buy my "customer spotter" from JonDon. No seals, no problems.

-JB-

Name
JB
See problem is I really like the product, and my custys would drink the stuff if they could; but as I always say, if my customer thinks there is a problem, there is a problem, perceived or not, correctable or not, out of my control or not, we "fix" it, WHATEVER that takes, period.

And Scott, apologize to your formulator for me, seriously, my cell died like 15 seconds into our conversation, I did not intentionally hang up on him. IF he wishes to contact me Monday, that would be fine, even in the brief context of our conversation, I believe I caught the gist of the issue~

" We need to ship it with a seal on it or UPS won't take it, we can't ship it with the seals bonded (hence them getting stuck in the cap), because XXXXXX ingredient will off gas causing expansion/contraction of the bottles, resulting the labels to peel off, so were doing the only thing we can."

Got it.

Humph, yeah maybe I need to call Jon-Don like everyone else :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom