Home Shows-Do you do them? If you do, what your plan?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Home Shows-Do you do them? If you do, what your plan?

It's just about that time of year for us, we have one in February & March.

What do you do coupons? Raffle cleaning, or other non related item? Collect emails? Demo's? Sell spotters, give away spotters? What do you do?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Wut Up Doc?

I like the raffle idea, make it where they don't have to be there for the winning. Make em put an email on the raffle ticket as a way of contact incase.

All those free email addys Trap em Doc :clap:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

I was thinking of giving away a hardwood floor cleaning with the Dirt Dragon or maybe two different raffles, one for carpet cleaning and one for hardwood floor cleaning?

I wonder if are people on to the sign up capture your nfo deal and would rather have a discount coupon. ???

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You got just one email addy Doc?

I have one I would use for it.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
LOL

I was thinking of giving away a hardwood floor cleaning with the Dirt Dragon or maybe two different raffles, one for carpet cleaning and one for hardwood floor cleaning?

I wonder if are people on to the sign up capture your nfo deal and would rather have a discount coupon. ???
We did both. We had 3 or 4 women (less intimidating) out in the aisle working the crowd giving away 20.00 off coupons plus inviting them to sign up for different raffles we were also running.

HINT: Be sure to get all their contact info including phone number/email on the raffle coupon plus give them a box to check if they want a free pre-inspection and "the best time to call"? too.) Very important as we would get 60 or 70 requests for pre-inspections during the show. (Be sure to have extra office help on the day after the show to make the follow-up calls as they have a limited shelf life.)

Steve

PS Richard, we actually have a Special Report on how to successfully do Home Shows. Lots of good ideas in it and it is free for the downloading.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks for the info Steve, I'll definitely take a look at the down load. And by the way they won't let you in the aisles anymore....you may have ruined it for the rest of us. ;)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We gave away customized spotter bottles and did a raffle. Required all their contact info on the raffle entry. One was drawn for whole house carpet cleaning up to 1200 sq. ft. Everyone else with properly filled out form got 2nd prize in the drawing which was coupon one room cleaning up to 200 sq. ft.

Our big draw was a small ultrasonic cleaning machine. We would clean the ladies rings and other jewelry. They loved this. Diamonds would regain the lost sparkle. We often had a line of folks waiting for this. While you had their rings in the ultrasonic bath you had a captive audience for a minute or two to discuss their needs and your solutions.

Reactions: Hoody and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have an ultrasonic machine (The Smoke Eater) and also cleaned rings and jewelry at our open houses. It was a hit but we did it here in our plant where when had room to setup and keep the noise away from everyone else. If we took ours to the open house they would be sure to complain. Not the first time we've caused trouble. They banned balloons and whistles because of us giving them away to kids. LOL

Connor

Name
Connor
I was at a home show and there was a jeweler there cleaning for folks, there turned out some drama because a lady said that they damaged her white gold wedding ring. White gold has some issues with it's plating process of recent that makes it come wear off and require reapplication.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was at a home show and there was a jeweler there cleaning for folks, there turned out some drama because a lady said that they damaged her white gold wedding ring. White gold has some issues with it's plating process of recent that makes it come wear off and require reapplication.
Ultrasonic machines can be very aggressive on plating, scary to use on light painted item like humels and other figurines. Even mini blinds if left into long can have the paint removed. While it can be used on almost anything, there is a learning curve. The length of time from one item to another can make the difference in outstanding in cracks and crevices to damge of that item. All painted surfaces are risky business unless you have some experience, I've not heard of the plating issue on rings but on coffee mugs it will take the halo off the top. ;)

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
We gave away individually wrapped red licorice and the people loved it. it was cheap, they came to the both even in slow times. Had only one home show special for carpets, should have had more. Also had a love seat cleaned down the center tha attracted alot of attention and some rest for the wary. I would do something with that next time.
The show had a tile and grout cleaner.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks David I'll mention that one to my brother. We usually give away Blow Pops or Tootsie Pops but individual twizzlers would be a neat change of pace. Thanks for the idea!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
LOL

Just do your usual dance and song routine.
As usual, that should charm them, and or make them feel sorry for you, which is much better as it leads to guilt booking.

But what am I, preaching to the choir ?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't do home shows. But, I do something that is a bit different. I go Were I won't have any competition. I go to some of the major corporations here during their noon hours and I set up a table in the lunchroom and talk to interested employees. They announce that I will be there to the employees before I get there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I need to update the lenses to our displays what would you change? The bubble has lots of room to put what ever and the table top display I planned on new pictures of our main services, new logo and tag line.

Fewer pictures, turn the table cloth around so there are not so many logo's showing.

Any other suggestions?

Anybody stay at a Holiday Inn recently? :p

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
It would be cool to have just taken delivery of a brand new van and machine, all spit shined and on display as part of the booth.

Might drag in more of the men, and not the decisions maker in the household, but would look cool. Doors open equipment on display.

I imagine it is a great way to build a data base of homeowners, even more so those that have pride in homeowner ship.

I however learned my lesson years ago on entering drawings at the home shows, god the phone rang for weeks from people trying to sell me something I entered a drawing for, but did not win.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Our home shows here are pretty big. I signed on for 3 and won't go back.

We didn't get enough to support the cost, and the majority of the people that came to our booth were trying to sell us services.

They didn't permit us to walk and "approach", so it was a sit and wait game.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It would be cool to have just taken delivery of a brand new van and machine, all spit shined and on display as part of the booth.

Might drag in more of the men, and not the decisions maker in the household, but would look cool. Doors open equipment on display.

I imagine it is a great way to build a data base of homeowners, even more so those that have pride in homeowner ship.

I however learned my lesson years ago on entering drawings at the home shows, god the phone rang for weeks from people trying to sell me something I entered a drawing for, but did not win.
One of the big plumbing outfits has done that for quite a few years, it does look cool to see a new truck.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our home shows here are pretty big. I signed on for 3 and won't go back.

We didn't get enough to support the cost, and the majority of the people that came to our booth were trying to sell us services.

They didn't permit us to walk and "approach", so it was a sit and wait game.
Yea the negative of Home shows are the "trick or treaters" that just want to grab anything off your table. I think it would be a tough game in a huge market like you have Anthony.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
If any one here plans on doing the 3 day home shows i would strongly suggest to get a real good underpadding for the carpet you use in your booth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree especially if you are staffing it yourself, both of the ones we are doing are three day.

I think I'm going to buy the puzzle carpet so we can haul it in and out easier, we usually just buy a new piece of carpet each year but messing with the carpet and pad has always been the biggest pain.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The other thing i found good was to have at least one very classy attractive girl in the booth at all times. Dont mean to be out of line saying that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Many years ago Id have my wife in the booth but she eventually got bored with it. We have usually had one or two, even if office or fire cleanup girls. Erin is attractive but professional so she fits the bill, plus marketing is her job. :)

Back
Top Bottom