Honest opinion of marketing campaign

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I am running a contest and created a squeeze page. The conversion rate of the squeeze page is not quite as good as I thought it would be. It has a brief 3 1/2 minute video and some basic content. I would like to know if you "see" anything that I am missing the might improve conversions. The squeeze page can be found at http://www.integritycleaningsystems.info/250

I am sure I will be asked. I am driving traffic to the website via a flyer campaign (may switch to EDDM if concept proves itself) I am also using Facebook targeted ads and will probably use Google Adwords also.

Thanks for the input and go ahead and be honest I have thick skin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like what you have done it looks very professional and you do a good job presenting your company but I'm a bit confused as to the goal. ??

Do you think people will sign up? I usually avoid that kind of thing, no matter what the offer.
I never win anyway and I end up with someone filling my inbox with offers.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
My goal is simple, to get more business. Now yes that would be through them opting in to my list. I guess this comes down to Joe Polish style marketing. So I guess either my sample is not large enough, my offer not be compelling enough or Joe's ideas don't work, lol. Actually the contest idea was John Braun, the direct response is Joes.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Site feels cold, like the 10 million other internet contests out there. See if you can make it warmer and feel like a local service company, maybe the background?

If the goal is to collect emails, much easier/cheaper ways exist.

FredC

Village Idiot
SQUEEZE PAGES WORK......I have many...although not carpet cleaning related.

I didn't want to critique in the other thread but.....

As you know ,while they may have used them successfully, none of the gurus mentioned developed any of the concepts you listed...so you might want to go beyond them to develop your implementation of the ideas.

or at least mimic the way they use them..........

What is your goal? A mailing list? Customers?

Either way the main things you are missing:

Problem/question
how your GREAT product answers it
RIGHT NOW......unless you are giving away some really awesome shit at some distant date you're not going to get a lot of "well I guess since I'm here"
so your squeeze page should be AND a chance to win a free cleaning. What do they get RIGHT NOW for filling out your forum?

Maybe present a decent offer/printable coupon IN CONJUNCTION with the "contest" that is the lead in and the forum submission redirects to..........

Ater filling out the forum they get a printable coupon RIGHT NOW................and are also entered into a contest where they MAY benefit sometime in the future

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
The second part of this is the way you drive "targeted" traffic. Are you changing up ads and comparing (A/B)? Times, demographics, goals? What you envision as your "target" may not yield the best conversions. Do your ads suck for the purpose they are intended? I have absolutely NO PROBLEMS generating clicks, likes, and shares.........in fact ANY AD with high impression rates will get them which doesn't do a **** of a lot of good......but that isn't your goal

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Maybe it's just me but giving away cleaning doesn't seem like that great of a prize to get too excited about. Maybe if it were a laptop maybe a large TV I don't know typically as I said I don't sign up for that stuff.

So once they opt on your list what then? You barrage them with email sales and specials? See why I don't sign up for that stuff. LOL

That style seems very transparent not very genuine to me. ???

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Mikey, thanks for the input, but I must admit that I am a little confused by your response. The prize in on the second line of the first thing you see. Do you have an example of what you mean by more apparent.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Site feels cold, like the 10 million other internet contests out there. See if you can make it warmer and feel like a local service company, maybe the background?

If the goal is to collect emails, much easier/cheaper ways exist.

Shane, I thought that too. I have just started working with optimized press and I think I have an ok banner on the main blog, but I am having trouble with the technical part of getting that to transfer to the squeeze pages. Hopefully I will get it figured out soon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What is lacking is a viable vehicle (and reason to go there) to get the to the signup page. Without that I really feel it will flop or at best a very low response.

Hopefully it doesn't!

I think there are probably better projects for you but who knows, maybe it will work. ???

Let us know how it does, hopefully you post back about how wrong I was. :smile:

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
SQUEEZE PAGES WORK......I have many...although not carpet cleaning related.

I didn't want to critique in the other thread but.....

As you know ,while they may have used them successfully, none of the gurus mentioned developed any of the concepts you listed...so you might want to go beyond them to develop your implementation of the ideas.

or at least mimic the way they use them..........

What is your goal? A mailing list? Customers?

Either way the main things you are missing:

Problem/question
how your GREAT product answers it
RIGHT NOW......unless you are giving away some really awesome shit at some distant date you're not going to get a lot of "well I guess since I'm here"
so your squeeze page should be AND a chance to win a free cleaning. What do they get RIGHT NOW for filling out your forum?

Maybe present a decent offer/printable coupon IN CONJUNCTION with the "contest" that is the lead in and the forum submission redirects to..........

Ater filling out the forum they get a printable coupon RIGHT NOW................and are also entered into a contest where they MAY benefit sometime in the future

Good advice Fred, I alluded to the fact that everyone wins something in the video, but I wasn't specific. I now added, as a sub-head, that everyone will win atleast $50.00 of free gift immediately. As far as targeting, on Facebook I am targeting by the area, woman demographics, over 28 years old. The flyers are targeted by neighborhood and Google adword is obviously targeted by their search terms. I am debating if I should increase the age above 28 or add a married filter.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Maybe it's just me but giving away cleaning doesn't seem like that great of a prize to get too excited about. Maybe if it were a laptop maybe a large TV I don't know typically as I said I don't sign up for that stuff.

So once they opt on your list what then? You barrage them with email sales and specials? See why I don't sign up for that stuff. LOL

That style seems very transparent not very genuine to me. ???

Hey Doc, I understand what you are saying about the gift, but I am really hesistant to do that. I used to work at Kirby at that was their hook, give away some prize that had nothing to do with what they were selling. They get alot of people to sign up, but a very low conversion rate to presentation (and alot of annoyed prospects). My theory, as flawed as it may be, that if they enter for free cleaning service, they may actually be interested in cleaning services.

No they won't get a bunch of coupons from me, they will get an education based email once per month to give value to them until they are ready to hire me. Unfortunately, their assumption may be the same as yours.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Oh no I agree don't do that, I didn't mean to suggest you do that.

If you can I'd add your speech to your website if you have not already. Lots of good stuff in your speech, hedge your bet on the contest. This way anyone that visits your site still gets the benefit of hearing about you and your company.

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
Oh no I agree don't do that, I didn't mean to suggest you do that.

If you can I'd add your speech to your website if you have not already. Lots of good stuff in your speech, hedge your bet on the contest. This way anyone that visits your site still gets the benefit of hearing about you and your company.

Thanks Doc, by the way love the pic on your profile.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The video is waaaay too long in my opinion, cut it down to under 90 seconds, preferably 60-75. Lose all the possible references to customers being unhappy or talking about what you can't get out. Just say your 5 Reasons in one paragraph of speaking dialogue.

I would lose all the disclaimers and just send the "rules" to the winner along with their E-Certificate. Lose the city at the top, make open to everyone all the time, you can control when you go clean in the follow up.

Back
Top Bottom